Asking You Out

-Kaldur/aqualad-

~third person pov~

You and Kaldur for once weren't at the beach but at your apartment making a batch of chocolate chip cookies for your friends, or more in particular the gluten's in your friend circles. You were mixing the chocolate with the cookie dough while Kaldur watched from the kitchen table since he kept trying to eat the dough.

As he watched you he laid his chin down on the the back of the chair and smiled to himself, his eyes softening at the image in front of him. Tall, kind, beautiful, and currently smelled like chocolaty goodness; he sighed silently while staring at you glad that you were to occupied with the cookies to notice him.

Kaldur had been meaning to find a way to ask you out but something, *cough*wally*cough*, kept getting in the way every single time he had tried.

'come on Kaldur this could be a perfect chance to ask her' he thought to himself as he let out and brought in a few calming breaths and stood up. You heard his chair move and turned slightly to look at him.

"something wrong fishy?" you asked, you were still working on a nickname for him. You didn't notice but he tensed up slightly but quickly shook it off and smiled walking over to you casually.

"no nothing wrong at all, do you want any help?" he asked and put his hand down on the counter... and onto a stick of butter.

He ended up slipping accidentally hitting his chin on the counter, loosing his footing and slipping onto the floor. He quickly tried standing up but slipped again with a small awkward laugh as he looked up at you nervously.

You tried to stifle a giggle but failed oh so miserably and started laughing holding your stomach as you looked down at him. He started to blush looking away from you trying to think of something to say; of all times for him to be speechless.

You offered a hand for him still grinning and honestly thinking that he looked adorable all flustered and embarrassed. You just couldn't help but have a huge crush on the dark skinned Atlantean, he was mature, kind, hot and had such an adorable side to him.

He carefully took your hand flashing you a cute, shy smile as you slowly helped him up as you noticed his blush that was hidden pretty well do to his dark skin; what you didn't notice though was that the stick of butter he had slipped on had fallen on the floor causing you to slip and tumble on top of him.

'Oh goddess, oh goddess, oh dear moon goddess I'm on top of Kaldur!' you thought as you mentally freaked out, and to make it worse your nerves refused to let you move. 'damn you stupid girl nerves!' she yelled through her thoughts.

Kaldur on the other hand laid there in both shock and gratitude to the world that this turn of events happened. Looking down at you slightly as he blushed since you were laying down right on top of his chest.

The only thoughts that went through his mind were that you're so light, how you smelt sweet like cookies, and that he really really liked you.

He started thinking back to the time you two have spent together so far, you were calming and energetic at the same time making you seem pretty silly or sorta crazy in a way but he found it cute in an odd charming type of way. He smiled and reluctantly sat up helping up off of him while he was at it, even though he really didn't want you off him.

"You alright there (y/n)?" he asked with a small smile, subconsciously holding your waist as he looked at you.

You blushed and smiled back at him as your hands rested on his shoulders. 'hot dang has he always had such strong arms...' you thought involuntarily running your hands down his arms making him shiver.

"(Y-y/n)?" he asked tightening his grip on you just a little bit which was enough to knock you outta your boy crazy mode. You quickly scurried off of his lap, onto your feet, and back to the cookies trying to make it a little less awkward.

"yeah I'm fine, sorry about that sometimes I don't know what I'm thinking you know, haha yeah so about that help on the cookies I'm about done so no worries okay?" You said quickly as you put the batch of cookies into the oven. You turned around bumping into kaldur cause he had somehow gotten up and behind you without your noticing.

"(y/n) I extremely like you your beautiful, smart, sweet and just overall an amazing young woman. So would you please do me the honor of going on a date with me?" he asked as he held your hand in his warm one.

Your jaw went slack while looking at him in disbelief. You quickly nodded a yes so that he wouldn't think he was being rejected or anything like that and tackled him in a hug making the two of you fall onto the ground again laughing happily.