Chapter 36

GABBY'S P.O.V

"I mean...I just want to thank you for...." It's as if he ran out of words to say. "Thank me for what Zayn?" I interrupted. It seemed like he already reconnected his thoughts. "For being a good friend. For being my babysitter even if I'm already a grown up. Most especially for being with me patiently even if I'm a jerk sometimes. For being you." He answered back. 

I think I blushed. "Ohh...It's fine Zayn. It's part of my job. And....uhm...I know you are good even though you are an I don't know sometimes." He laughed. "Hey! Did you just blush?" He asked. I held my cheek. "Hell no! Why would I??!" I said defensively lightly elbowing him. 

He stood up and extended his hand. "What?" I replied. "Just give me your hand." He replied. Without hesitation, I put my hand on top of his and let him pull me to stand up. "We are going somewhere." His hand feels soft. After several seconds, he noticed that he was still holding my hand. "Ohh...Sorry." He muttered releasing my hand.

We were walking toward his car. I know what this is all about. "There is no way I am getting in there Zayn." I said to him. "You should not let your fear consume you Gabby. I know it hurts losing your parents but you have to move on. Getting in a car doesn't mean you will die." He replied. 

I walked away from him. "Gabby! Wait!" He shouted. I heard his footsteps but that did not stop me from walking. "Please!" He again shouted. Because of that, I stopped and turned to him.

"Zayn....No...I'm afraid..not now." I replied. "If not now, when? Do you trust me?" He said moving closer to me. 

"Yes. I do trust you Zayn." I exclaimed looking at him in the eye. He held my hand. 

He opened the car door for me, I nervously got in the car. He was on the driver's seat. "Zayn..." I said. It's as if he read my mind. "I won' be fast Gabby. I'll drive slowly." 

I closed my eyes, my hands on my lap. I am really nervous right now. That night with my parents, it keeps coming back. I know I was traumatized by that accident. Suddenly, I felt Zayn's hand on my lap. 

Hi face was full of concern. I know that he cares. I can feel it. "Just relax Gabby. Relax." He muttered. His words comforted me. My shakiness and nervousness stopped gradually. My breathing slowed down. Zayn was driving really slow.

"Hey...can't you get any faster?" I exclaimed. I know this is odd for me but with him, I feel safe and secured. "What?? You were the one in the first place who was afraid in riding a car and now you want me to go faster?" He replied.

I didn't expect that I will let go of my fear just like that. I don't know. There's something in him that helped me with this. With him by my side, I know I can conquer anything. 

"I'm...I'm hungry already..." I replied. He gave me a laugh. His laugh was contagious.

The thing I feared the most turned out to be the most exciting one. Zayn and I had a joy ride. We were talking randomly about ourselves. It made me know him much more.

We stopped at a 24/7 store to get some food. When we were already paying for our food, "Hey! I know you..You are a Malik..You own the Malik Hotel Empire!" The girl next in our line exclaimed. Zayn gave her a decent smile. 

"I can't believe you are this handsome in person!" She said. I can sense that she liked Zayn. Who wouldn't be anyway? "Thank you...Take care babe." He said politely. Without waiting for the girl's reply, he came to me then we went out of the store.

"I didn't know you're an instant celebrity now." I joked. "Yeah...But it's kinda akward too,you know..People know you even if you don't know them." He replied.

"The part when he said you are handsome?" I replied taking a bite of my food. "What? You don't believe it?" He asked sipping his drink. I gave him a laugh. "Of course I do. You really are handsome. I don't doubt that." I replied.

ZAYN'S P.O.V

"So Zayn, when is your family coming back?" She asked while we were heading home. "I don't know. Mom hasn't called me yet." I replied back. 

I noticed her looking at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" I asked. She smiled. "None Zayn.. Is it bad to look at you? Mr. Celebrity?" She replied. 

She is too cute. No...Cute is not the right word to describe her. She is beautiful

We reached the house after a 20 minute drive. "Zayn, I had fun. I never thought you are this funny." She said while we were walking toward the living room.

"You are welcome Gabby." I gave her my cutest smile. She smiled too. "Ohh.. Don't do that! It makes me melt!" she replied. 

"I know!" I teased her. She rolled her eyes. I opened the TV in the living room. She went to the kitchen. "Hey! You want anything?" She asked. I did not respond right then. 

Before I could respond, she was walking toward me holding a glass of water. "Ohh..Thanks!" I muttered holding the cold glass with my right hand.

This was the second time we went out together just the two of us and just like the first one, it turned out to be great

_________________________________________________________________________