CHAPTER 8 : THE ENGAGEMENT

Shreya P.O.V.:

Next day :

I wake up to the chirping of birds...a refreshing morning..... it was 7:00...I as usual go towards and open the curtains....while I do so I notice the mehndi on my hands.....it is my engagement today.....uff.....oh god...how am I going to face it...the roka was at 9:30 and the engagement was at 11....thinking of daya makes me blush.....I hear a door knock...guess its daya...just like yesterday.....I open the door to find Ritu...not daya....

I say "hey...ritu...when did you come ?" I ask her..."Yesterday late night...." and then I see some people coming into my room with trays...guess that's my outfit.....she says "umm...under the red cloth is your outfit and some matching accessories....I bought the hair stylist along....and under the blue cloth is daya's outfit with a brouche...both your outfits are under the red and daya's under blue..." and I say "ohh...sounds like a colour code..." and she replies "It sure is..." and then I say "hey give me 2 minutes.. I'll give them to data and come...."and I pick up a box from my drawer put it with the other stuff and I tell the people with trays to follow me...

I go to the next door and knock.....he opens the door....i wish him"Good morning" he wishes me back "Good morning".I say"umm...your outfits...."and I take the trays and pass it on to him...he says"Thank you..." I say"welcome...bye..." he replies"bye..."

I get back to the room... "ritu....chalo ...lets go down have our breakfast.. we'll come back and get ready...."the breakfast should have been ready by now as mom has instructed them to get it done early.....I head down to find the decorators starting their work....I grab both the family members who were busy with their arrangements to the table....we have our breakfast and head back...

I take bath and then go to wear my dress....it was a pink and off-white gradient anarkali with full hands...

it was a pink and off-white gradient anarkali with full hands

I wear it and head to the dressing table...ritu instructed the hairstylist. And the hairstylist started doing my hair....ritu asks "where's ishita ?" And I say"she went to get our engagement rings ...." And she says "ohh..... where's tasha ?.... madam isn't visible since morning?she didn't make it for the breakfast either..." and I reply"yup..she was sleeping when we were going for breakfast and now might be frantically going around taking care of the decorations.. mumma made her a supervisor for decorations...".

"