CHAPTER 74 : SOME CHANGES

Shreya P.O.V.:

Everyone went home after that. I was still miffed with Malhotra family. It was only Ishu who supported me. Me and Nandu slept on the either side of Adi facing each other. I said "We'll need to do a lot of changes Nandu. Changes in our routine. We need to get a room made for Adi. I want to have a playroom for him."

He said "Everything will get done soon Pari. I'll get a room made for Adi by getting a room remodeled on this floor. Don't you think it's better to take the whole family for a vacation. I mean, a change of environment would be good for them right."

I agreed and said "Yes Nandu. You're right. We need to take them on a vacation. We'll think about that a little later. At the moment, we need to get Adi adapted to us. I'll go to Bhaiyya's and Bhabhi's house tomorrow and get all Adi's clothes. And, you drop Adi to his playhouse and I'll pick him up from there."

He nodded and asked "Do you think we should change Adi's playhouse ?"

I answered "No. Let it be. It's only a couple of months that are left. We anyway need to put him in a preschool after that. We'll send Adi to his playhouse after we come back from the vacation. Let him adapt to the changes. I'll also take half days from office and spend time with him. He needs love and attention now."

Nandu said "Yes. We'll do one thing. I'll stay at home in the morning and spend time with him. You come back for lunch time. We'll have lunch together and I'll leave for office."

I said "Sounds good. We'll do that. Let's also talk to everyone about the vacation."

He asked me "Shall we take the Malhotra family along ?"

I nodded in a no and said "I don't want their presence and behavior to affect Adi."

He justified saying "But Pari, they were advising. They were concerned about you."

I countered "They were so concerned about me that they neglected this small innocent boy. Nandu, I don't want to talk about this and have a fight. I'm tired too. Let's just sleep. Goodnight."

He got up from the bed, came to my side, kissed my forehead and wished me a good night. I smiled at him. We both slept soon.

Next day:

The sun rays that came through the window hit my face and woke me up. I looked to my side and saw Adi sleeping on Nandu's chest and Nandu's arms around Adi holding him protectively. A smile appeared on my face as I saw this.

I got up from the bed and went to the other side of the bed. I kneeled down beside them. I ran my fingers through Nandu's hair and then Adi's hair. I went down to kitchen and asked the cooks to cook Adi's favorite chocolate pancakes and Nandu's favorite Pasta.

After getting dressed up, I went to wake up Nandu and Adi. I sat beside them and gently called out for Adi "Baby, wake up. Your favorite chocolate pancakes are ready." I put my hand on his cheek. That's when I felt his cheeks burning. I checked his forehead, which too was burning. I immediatly rushed to bring the thermometer.

I checked his temperature and it showed 102.5°. I was worried. I didn't know what to do. I woke up and Nandu and said "Nandu, Adi has fever. Let's take him to the hospital."

Nandu slowly got up with Adi in his arms. I tried to wake up Adi. He woke up and started crying. Me and Nandu tried comforting him but he didn't stop crying. I said "Nandu, let's take him to the doctor first." He nodded.

We both went down to the car. I tried to take Adi from Nandu so that he can drive  but Adi wasn't ready to leave Nandu. I said "Let him be there. I'll drive."