CHAPTER 54 : MUSKAAN IS BACK.

Daya P.O.V.:

                 Pari was still unconscious and it was worrying me more. The doctor comes in and asks everyone to move. Everyone except me and Bhabhi move out. I sit bed Pari and hold her hand in mine.

         The doctor examines her wound, dresses the wound, gives her some injection and turns to us. She says "Her wound is slightly infected. She's got a temperature due to the same and I guess she hasn't eaten anything since this morning. So please feed her something and make her take these medicines."

     I ask her "How long will the infection take to recover ?" I wanted her to recover soon. There's so much I need to do with her her.

       She answers "It's very slight. It is in the starting stages. So, with medications, it'll take 4-5 days but there isn't a problem. She can continue with her routine as soon as her fever comes down. Just ensure that the wound is covered. Also, I've given her an injection. She'll wake up in an hour or so." We thank the doctor and she leaves.

       Bhabhi leaves too leaving me alone with Pari. I just looked at her. I spoke to her " I'm sorry Pari. You're facing all this because of me. I know you don't want me to think about all this from that point of view but, I can't just think it any other way. I love you Pari and I promised you that I'll be with you always in every step of your life and I will. I won't leave you. I know all this is because of me but we'll face it together. I love you baby."

          She woke up after one and a half hour. I place my hand on her cheek and ask her "How are you feeling ?"

          She answers "I'm better." She did sound a little weak though.

        I say "You should've listened to me when I asked you to come up."

          She says "Nandu, we can't leave the Pooja in the middle. It harmful for us as well as the family." I let go of the topic knowing that Shreya is correct on her grounds.

          She says "Let's go down." I place my hand on her forehead and check the temperature.

        I say "You still have a temperature. First food, then medicines, then sleep time and then we'll go down."

        She true to convince me against it. "Nandu -".

         I say "You promised me you'll listen to me." She rolls her eyes and says "Fine." I won it this time.

      I call the kitchen staff and ask them to bring a soup and salad. I help Pari sit up and place a pillow behind her shoulder.

       She apologizes "Sorry. If I hadn't left the wound open, this wouldn't have happened."

          I rub my thumb over her cheek and say "It wasn't your fault. You didn't know this coming. Just recover soon." She nods.

      The soup and the salad was bought in by one of the kitchen staff. He placed it on the side table and left. I pick up the soup and take the soup near to Pari's mouth. She drinks the soup.

      She says "You didn't have anything from the morning too. Have some soup along with me."

      I protest "No Pari. I'll get something for myself a little later. For now, you eat."

       She blackmails me "I'm only going to eat or drink if you're doing the same. Otherwise, I'm not going to eat or drink. I am not going to listen to you."

        She is unbelievable. I say "Fine. I'll have it along." I fed her the soup while I simultaneously drank it too. I then fed her the salad and made her eat the medicine. She did make a fuss but I had my ways.