CHAPTER 103: I CAN'T..

Shreya P.O.V.:

This morning, we woke up with hope. We're here sitting in the doctor's cabin, waiting for her.

We stood up to greet her as she arrived.

"So, Mrs. Vadhera, what is it ?" She asked me.

"Doctor, I think I'm expecting. I've been having some symptoms like feeling nauseatic, I felt uneasy while I was eating my favourite yesterday and a couple more." I told her.

"Ohh ! In that case, let's get some tests done. My nurse will accompany you, please get these tests done." She said writing down something on a paper and handing it to the nurse.

I looked at Nandu and smiled at him before I left the room.

I came back after a good hour after getting all the tests done. I took my sit beside Nandu.

"The tests will be ready by the evening. You can come back then." Spoke the doctor.

We thanked her and exited the room.

"So ?" He asked.

"So ?"

"Let's spend some time today ? At the beach ? Then at the ice cream parlour ?" He asked me.

"I'd be glad to and anyway, by the time Adi is back home, we'll be back too and the test results will be out too. Sounds like a good plan. Let's go." I said.

We headed to the beach and had some fun there. We went out for lunch and then to an ice cream parlour. By evening, we were at the hospital again waiting for the reports.

Our name was called and we went to the doctor's cabin. We got seated and held our hands under the table.

Author's P.O.V.:

They both waited as the doctor turned the pages of her reports. She put the file down and took a deep breath before she started speaking.

"Mrs. Vadhera, I'm sorry to say that you're not pregnant. All those symptoms are because of a medical condition psuedocyesis. It's basically false pregnancy. Your hormones are imbalanced too because of which you felt you're expecting." She explained to them.

Shreya looked down at the ground in dissapointment. All her expectations had let her down. Daya looked at her.
Before he could react any further, the doctor spoke again.

"Umm.. There's another problem." This made Shreya look up at the doctor while the doctor continued.

"Please handle yourself when you listen to this. It's a little upsetting to say that you can't concieve Mrs. Vadhera." She completed her sentence.

Shreya's hold on Daya's hand loosened

Shreya's hold on Daya's hand loosened. Daya looked shocked like Shreya. Both of them couldn't believe what they just heard. Tears rolled down her cheeks.