CHAPTER 88 : MY JAAN

Daya P.O.V.:

I ran towards her falling on my knees. "Nandu !" She merely said. I took her head into my lap. My breath hitched seeing her in such a vulnerable state.

"Ambulance. Call a ambulance soon." I shouted looking back at the police.

Rajat untied her hands while I tried to keep her awake."Pari, baby keep your eyes open. Please Jaan."

She whispered with a lot of difficulty "I'm yours and only yours."

"Yeah baby. You're mine and only mine. No one can take you away from me. I love you Jaan. You need to stay awake for me. For Adi." I told her.

"Daya, she's loosing a lot of blood." Spoke Rajat turning towards me.

"I can't lose you Jaan. Please keep your eyes open." I pleaded her.

A tear rolled down her cheek. Her eyes reflected her fear of losing me.

"I won't let anything happen to you Pari." I assured her.

"Rajat, let's get moving. We don't have the time to wait for an ambulance. We'll take her to the hospital in our car." I said picking up Pari in my arms.

I settled in the back seat of the car with an almost unconscious Shreya in my arms. I knew she was trying her best to stay awake.

"Pari, tum meri Jaan ho. Main apne Jaan Ko Kuch hone de sakta hun kya ? Meri Jaan mujhe chodke nahi jaegi na ?(Pari, you're my life. Can I let something happen to my life ? My life won't leave me right ?)" I tried talking to her to keep her awake.

She nodded in a no, weakly with tearful eyes. I was, myself in tears. I can't imagine how much pain she's feeling now. If I was in her place, I couldn't have taken all this pain. I would have given up.

Pari closed her eyes. No she can't. I patted her cheeks.

"Shreya, Please open your eyes baby. Princess, look at me. I love you. I won't let anything happen to you.I love you jaan." I said pleading her to open her eyes.

I pressed my hand tightly against my lips. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Same words, I said those same words when she met with an accident months ago. I realised how much pain she's going through to stay with me. I knew all this was because of me. I then recalled how much I hurt her by mistrusting her and divorcing her. I cursed myself. I don't deserve her.

She was unconscious. I can't lose her. She's my life. I can't live without her. I took out my blazer and covered her in it. I held her close to my heart. I touched my forehead to hers and closed my eyes to pray to God to let nothing happen to her.

"I need you Pari. I really need you and so does Adi. Our life is incomplete without you. It really is. You have become my habit ever since I met you. You have become my addiction ever since I met you. Please don't give up. I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too" I heard a mere whisper.

Rajat pulled the car infront of the hospital and I carried her in calling for a doctor. "I'll take care of her. Please complete the formalities." A doctor came and said taking Pari in.

I collapsed into the chair behind me and Rajat hugged me. She's my life. She's my everything. I'll die without her. I failed to keep her safe again.

I saw Adi running towards me with Dad and mom behind him when I seperated from the hug.

"Where's Mumma ?" He asked me.

What am I supposed to answer to him ? That she's in the O.T. and fighting for her life ?

I gathered courage and answered "Adi, Mumma is not well. So, she's inside and the doctor is treating her."

He asked me with a ray of hope in his eyes "Can I see her ?"

I replied "You can, later. Not now." He nodded.

Dad patted my back and assured that everything would be fine. Mom hugged me and cried. So did I.

After a few minutes, the doctor came out from the O.T. All of us stood up and I went forward.

"Doctor, how's my wife ?"I asked her with a hope that she'd give me a good news.

She looked down and then at me anf answered "Mr. Vadhera, you're wife is severely injured. Both her wrists slit and a big cut on the side of her abdomen and not to forget, another cut on her right arm. The cuts on her wrists were pretty deep and they cut the veins resulting in a lot of blood loss. The cut on her abdomen had peices of shattered glass inside which we have removed and the cut on her arm isn't serious. However, she's lost a lot of blood. We can't declare anything this soon. We'll need to wait for 48 hours for her to stabilize. We've shifted her to the I.C.U. as of now. Thanks." She completed and went.

I fell down to the ground on my knees and buried my face in my arms and cried. I felt someone removing my hands from my face. I looked up. It was Adi.

"Dad, Mumma will be fine. She's very strong. Please don't cry." He said placing his small palm on my cheek. I hugged him and cried.

I got up and went to the I.C.U. door. I saw Pari lying on the bed with wires attached to her body. I pushed the door and went inside.

Was she the same Pari I saw this morning ? Her face, that glowed this morning and had the power to push away all my worries was now pale and expressionless. Her arms that were adorned with red and white chura were now covered with blood.

I couldn't see her in such a condition. Not anymore. I moved out of the room.

I picked up Adi in my arms and said "Mom, I'm going home with Adi. This is not the right environment for him. I'll come back tomorrow morning."

It wasn't the right environment for me too. I would lose myself if I looked at her like that for any longer. I know that I've seen her in such a condition a couple of times but this time, it was different. I don't know why.

Probably, because there was a guilt killing me inside that she takes so much pain to be with me and I haven't even trusted her.

I knew, that I didn't want to stay there  any longer because I was afraid. Afraid of losing her. Afraid of losing my life. My jaan.

😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😶

Heya ! Friday as promised. Ain't I keeping up my promises lately ? So, here's another promise. I'll surely update once in two days for a while. I'll tell you till when later.

Coming back to the story, what do you think about Daya's feelings ? I mean, are his feelings justified ?

By the way, emotional chapters are not my cup of tea so, I tried to make you cry in this chapter but I think I failed miserably.

The chapters will be relatively short as I have an aim to achieve in very less time and I'll tell you about the aim later.

Please vote, comment and share.