CHAPTER 40 : THE LETTER

Third person P.O.V.:

The doctors took Shreya in for treatment. Everyone reached the hospital after a while.

The doctors came out and asked
" Who is Nandu here ?" Everyone looked at each other in shock. Sachin replies "He's her Fiancée. Sorry, I mean ex- fiancée."

The doctor then informs "She has been under tremendous mental and physical pressure. She has undergone a very painful turmoil. The stress is the reason for her condition today. That's not the only thing. She's most likely to be hiding her emotions which increased the stress. I would like to advise you to bring back her Fiancée to her. That's the only option I see. No medication and treatment can help her to recover. This is something similar to depression. She might recover physically but it is equally important for her to recover mentally too otherwise her physical strength might get worse too and bring danger to get life." Jayant (Shreya's dad ) thanks the doctor.

Taniya (Shreya's mom) says "Jayant, we need to make a decision. Shall we call Daya ?" Jayant replies "I think we should Taniya. Shreya's life lies in his. We shouldn't let them stay apart anymore. Letting them stay together or making them stay apart, either way, Shreya's life lies in his." Sachin says "Dad, Mom I'm sure Daya will not let anything happen to Shreya. Let's call Daya."

Dad says "Fine. I'll call Pradyuman (Daya's dad.) and tell him the situation and then talk with Daya." He calls Pradyuman.

On the other side, Pradyuman is shocked to see Jayant calling him. He lifts the call and Jayant tells him everything. Pradyuman gets shocked Pradyuman informs him "Daya went to New York for some office work."

Jayant asks "Can you please contact him and ask him to come back as soon as possible ?" Pradyuman answers "Sure. I'll ask Rajat to do so."

He calls Rajat and informs the same who contacts Daya while Pradyuman informs the Shetty family who decide to take the next flight to Indore.

Back at home, Tasha, along with Sid is in Shreya's room looking for a file related to office work which was to be submitted the next day.

Sid says "I've found some files here. Check them out." Tasha takes the files and as she does, a paper falls out from one of the file.

She places the files aside and picks up the letter. She opens it and reads it and so does Sid. After they complete reading the letter, Tasha breaks down and sits on the bed with a thud.

Sid sits infront of her and asks while caressing her cheek "Tasha , what happened ?" She says "I'm so selfish Sid. That day, when we got to know that Daya was a threat to Shreya's life, I only thought about her safety and not about her happiness. If I did , today this wouldn't have happened." He consoled her.

Tasha takes the letter to the hospital where she hands it over to Sachin. Sachin reads it and stands in shock. Ishu says "Bhai, what's written in the letter ?" He says nothing. He gives the letter to her. She reads it and starts to cry incoherently. Everyone in the Malhotra family read it.

Kajal says " We made a mistake Mom. We took a wrong decision that day." Niyati says "No decision was right that day Kajal. We only thought about it from one side while the other side was ignored."

Ishu was still crying. She was inconsolable. After all, the bond she shared with Shreya was so deep that even one scratch on Shreya would bring a tear in her eyes.

Soon the Shetty family had arrived who too read the letter and realized a lot of things.

Daya P.O.V.: