CHAPTER 21 : NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Shreya P.O.V.:

I wake up with a startle...it was a dream...it was...a dream..I was breathing heavily...tears were gushing out from my eyes..I was crying...infact hyperventilating...I tried to find my inhaler but I couldn't.. everything was just slipping from my hand...with great difficulty I managed to grab my inhaler and used it...

I grabbed my phone and called Daya...it was switched off...I dialed again but it went in vain...I dialed the number once again but the battery died and the phone switched off..

I immediately booked a ticket to Mumbai for the next flight... I changed into presentable clothing though i didn't care about what I wore..grabbed nothing except my handbag put my inhaler in it and left to the airport...I boarded the flight and waited to reach Mumbai.. I checked the time..it was 7 a.m. That meant I left home at around 5 a.m. It would take another hour and a half to reach Mumbai...I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but as soon as I closed my eyes...the scene if Daya marrying someone flashed infront of my eyes...I gave up trying to sleep..

I reached Mumbai...caught a taxi and asked him to drive towards Shetty group of companies....I didn't know where his office was...I am sure that I was stuck in traffic for atleast 30 mins.. When I reached his office I guess the time was around 10. I rushed through the reception and no one stopped me but instead they greeted me...I didn't bother to stop by..I asked the directions to Daya's cabin and just rushed there....I knew I was still hyperventilating...I was throughout the journey...

I opened the cabin door....he looked away from his laptop screen and our eyes met...

Daya P.O.V.:

I heard the door open and I looked at the door... Shreya was standing at the doorstep...the condition she was in was pathetic... blood shot eyes... messed up hair... heavily breathing...I realized she was hyperventilating...both of us rushed towards each other and hugged each other...her voice was faintly heard...she said "I love you Daya.." I told her" I love you too baby..." and she collapsed in my arms still breathing heavily...I managed to hold her in time and I put her in my chair...I cupped her face..she was burning...she had high fever...I search through her bag and find the inhaler...I made her inhale but she didn't come to conscious..I picked her up and rushed towards the car and placed her in the passenger seat and buckled the seat belt...and drove off to the hospital...

I put Shreya's head on my shoulder and said "Shreya... princess...open your eyes...please baby...I love you..." but there was no response...I received a call from Sachin bhaiyya..I picked it up..he said "Daya.. Shreya isn't at home...her room is messed up...her phone is lying here switched off...her handbag is missing..do you know where she is ?" I say "Bhaiyya Shreya is with me...she came to my office..she has high fever..and she's unconscious...she fainted a while ago..I'm taking her to the hospital... I'll take care of her...I'll talk to you later.. I've reached the hospital..." I hang the call..pick Shreya up and take her to the emergency ward...the doctor takes her in for treatment...

I sit with a thud on the chair....my heart was beating fast...I called mom and Dad and told them everything...they told me that they would be in the hospital in no time...I waited for the doctor to come out...

Mom and Dad came to the hospital and dad said "Daya don't worry..I talked with the Dean and he said he'd put the best doctors onto the job..." I just nodded my head...

After a while the doctor came out
..I went to him and asked"Doctor how's she ?" He replies"She's fine.. She had a panic attack and that's the reason she was hyperventilating...she has very high fever.. proper care would make things back to normal..and please ensure she eats something.. she's very weak.. she'll come back to conscious in a few minutes.." I thanked the doctor and went into the room..

I sat down on the chair beside the bed and took her hand into mine...today morning 's incident was flashing before my eyes... what led to all this... Shreya all of the sudden coming to Mumbai..her condition..and I felt Shreya's hand move...

I moved closer to her...put one of my hand on her cheek and said "Shreya...baby I'm here..." She opened her eyes completely and looked at me...as soon as she looked at me..she hugged me and started crying...I patted her back and said "Princess..I'm here... please stop crying...." She gradually stopped crying and I asked her "What happened ? " She answered " I had a nightmare...you were marrying someone else..not me...I asked you and you said that you don't love me and that girl is the mother of your child" while she was sobbing...

I cupped her cheeks and said"baby.. I'd never let that happen..you are my starting..you are my ending...no one can ever take your place.. you're my breath.. you're my heartbeat...I can't imagine anyone but you as my life partner...you are my first love , my last love and my only love... I'll love you till my last breath and I promise you that I'd never leave your hand till my last breath...I love you my jaan..".She hugged me once again...I comforted her..she said "I love you too Prince charming.... I'm there for you forever.." and then I separated her from the hug and kissed her forehead and made her lie down...

Everyone came in to see her and everyone was equally worried about her...I then fed her food and sat beside her...she said "Daya you go to your office...you have a meeting tomorrow... you've been waiting for this meeting since years.." I say "No meeting is as important as you are.. family us my first priority...take rest..." she says "No Daya..it is.. I'd feel guilty that because of me you're not able to prepare for the meeting...please.." I say "Don't ever feel guilty... I'll call someone and will ask them to get the laptop I'll work here..." and then I put her to sleep and once my laptop arrives I continued my work...

Next day :
Shreya was still in the hospital.. she'd be discharged today evening once I come back from the meeting...once she wakes up she says "All the best..I love you. " I say "Thanks..I love you too jaan... take care..."She smiles and I leave...

The meeting went on great..once it got over I went to the hospital and as sachin bhaiyya completed the formalities I brought Shreya home and made her sit in the living room...just then I received a call...and it was from the contractors....I bagged the contract...yay...I picked up Shreya and swirled her around...I put her down hugged her and kissed her cheek...I heard "Ahem..." I then separated from the hug looked at everyone and then at shreya...awe..she was blushing...and bhabhi said "Guys...enough of your PDA...there are kids here..." and I said "Sorry..."

Two days later:
Shreya was leaving to Indore once again..I was giving her strict instructions about what to do and what not to do...I better otherwise she wouldn't listen to anyone and take care of herself...

I dropped her to the airport and bid her a bye....once again...

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Here's another update guys...less than 24 hours...thnx for nominating guys... this book crossed 11k reads..I'm really very happy...please shoe your support and yeah..you guys have extraordinarily vivid imagination... yes..it was a dream..I hope the chapter was up to mark...

Please vote...ask your friends to vote... keep commenting... keep sharing....