CHAPTER 51: NEW CHAPTER OF OUR LIFE

Daya P.O.V.:

As we drove away, Pari was still crying. I took her hand into mine and started rubbing circles behind her palm. She didn't stop crying.

I pulled over to the side of the car. I took a deep breath and thought over the words I wanted to tell her to comfort her. Just before I begun to talk, I got a call on my phone. Yes, I got my phone back as soon as we were departing from the venue.

The call was from Abhijeet bhaiyya. I pick it up. He asks "Is there any problem Daya ? Why did you pull over ?" I answer "There's no problem bhaiyya. We'll join you soon." He puts down the call.

I turn towards Pari and say "Pari, please look at me." She turns towards me but her eyes were looking down. I lift her chin up with my fingers to make her look into my eyes. As soon as I do, she hugs me.

With one hand, I draw circles on her back, while placing the other on her head. I say "Pari, you know I hate to see tears in your eyes." She says "I miss them." I seperate her from the hug, cup her face and say "Baby, trust me, you can go there anytime you want to see them. I'll never stop you. But please, don't cry." Saying so, I kiss her forehead.

She stops crying. I say "By the way, Happy birthday Princess." She let's out a small laugh and wishes me back "Happy birthday Prince."

I turn on the music and start driving again. One if my hand was on the steering while the other was holding Pari's hand. I only left her hand for changing gears. We soon caught up with the rest.

Me and Pari talked about everything that happened on the day before wedding. That day, when both our phones were stolen.

After a while, I realized that I was talking endlessly while Pari didn't even say anything. I turned to look at her. She was sleeping with her head rested on the head rest. I released my hand from her's and shifted her head onto my shoulder and lowered the volume of the music.

After around 2 hours, Pari woke up. As soon as she did, I say "Pari, you shouldn't have woken up. Just sleep for some more time." She protests "No Nandu, let's shift seats. I'll drive for an hour or two. You need sleep as well. No arguments."

Left with no option, I agree and we shift seats. Very soon I fell asleep.

Shreya P.O.V.:

Soon after changing seats, Nandu fell asleep. I rested his head on my shoulder. It felt so awkward driving in this attire. It felt like I'm running away from my wedding and I've kidnapped my groom.

After around 3 hours, Nandu's phone rang. With the ring's noise, Nandu woke up. He picks the call up. He puts it down after saying a few words out of which I could make no sense at all.

Daya says "Pari, pull over. Dushu told me he'll take over the steering now." I did as said and both of us shifted to the back seat. I slept over his shoulder and he put his head over mine and slept too.

I felt someone trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes and saw Nandu. He says "We've reached." I quickly straighten myself and he helps me out of the car. I looked around. It was early in the morning. Probably 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. I then looked at the Shetty Mansion. It was beautifully decorated.

I'm not entering this house as anyone now. I'm entering this house as the daughter-in-law of this house. My house. My name will now be linked to this house.

Nandu led me to the entrance. Maa, Tarika bhabhi and Purvi were standing there. They did our aarti and maa says "Shreya, kick the kalash gently with your right leg and enter in with Daya." I did as said and we both entered.