CHAPTER 53 : FIRST SUNRISE

Daya P.O.V.:

              I am totally distracted though the meeting is going on. Rajat is constantly nudging me to concentrate. I try my best to concentrate. My focus keeps shifting from the meeting to Pari. She's there alone on our wedding night. I left her alone. I had to give me presentation then and probably that is the only time I paid attention to the meeting though Pari was on the back of my mind.

          As soon as the meeting finished, I grabbed Rajat and headed home in my car. Rajat asks "How's the meeting ?" I say "Horrible. I fell so guilty to have left Pari back there. She's come here leaving behind her parents, her everything. She's there waiting for me and here I am, coming back from a meeting at 4 in the morning when I was supposed to be there in our room with her. It just feels so miserable. I can't even imagine what she's going through." Rajat says "It's not your mistake Daya. She understands you. That's why she sent you for the meeting. You tell me, if there was another girl in Shreya's place, would she let you go like this on her wedding night ? Will she be so calm and composed about it ? No, Shreya understands you and your work as well. She didn't want the work life's and personal life's balance to be erupted. Cool down. Talk it out with her."

            I stopped the car and picked up some flowers and a teddy from a flower shop and headed home.

         I went to the room and unlocked the door with the spare key I had. I saw Pari lying on the bed. Her torso leaning to the bed rest and head leaning back and her phone in her hand. She had probably fallen asleep waiting for me. She was still in the same saree she was in yesterday night.

       I placed the flowers and teddy on one side of the bed and went to her side of bed and tried to lie her on the bed completely without waking her up but she woke. She smiles widely and says "You're back." She hugs me. I say "I'm so sorry." She says "Don't. It's fine. Don't ever be Sorry about this." I seperated and approached her lips.

       We kissed deeply and it deepened every moment. We seperated, we do need oxygen. I kissed her forehead and ask her "Want to go to the beach and watch the first sunrise after our wedding. ?" She nods but then says "You need sleep. You've been up the whole night. We'll go tomorrow. Right now, go to sleep."

      I say "Pari, it's fine. I'll sleep. Right now, we'll go to the beach. We anyway need to get ready after a one and half our or so. So now, go and get ready. We'll watch the sunrise, come back and get ready. Okay ?" She nods and goes to gets ready.

      I fall on to the bed on my back and close my eyes. I slipped into sleep. I woke up with the clicking of the door. I sat up and saw Shreya dressed in a simple kurti and a jeans. I go in and take a shower which helped me get rid of my tiredness.

      I got dressed in shorts and a Tee and went out. Pari was waiting for me holding the sindoor box. I put it her partition.

     She then brings out a gift box and says "This was supposed to be your birthday present but since, I forgot it, I'm giving it to you today." I opened it and found a cologne in there. It was the same cologne which was declared as one of the best colognes in the world. I thank her and give her the teddy and the flowers I bought for her. She took them, kissed my cheeks and headed to out them on the table.

 She took them, kissed my cheeks and headed to out them on the table