CHAPTER 79: DIVORCE *MEGA CHAPTER*

Daya P.O.V.:
A week later..

I got dressed up to go to the office for the meeting with the lawyers. It's going to end soon. Rajat walked into my room. He put his hand around my shoulder and asked "Daya, are you sure about this ? Give it another chance right."

I coldly replied "I cannot give a second chance to a person who tried to make mine and my family's life hell. I've made a decision and it's a final decision."

He said "Think about her Daya. She'll break down."

I replied "She'll break down if she loved me. The fact is she never did. She didn't think about my family, why will I think about her ? Coming to the point, do you think it's easy for me ? It took me so much time to take this decision and trust me, this is the best for both of us. She felt suffocated and I'm just relieving her."

I looked at my watch and said "It's getting late. I'm going." I left without waiting for his reply.

I reached the lawyers office and entered into his cabin. Shreya was already seated there with her lawyer. Me and my lawyer took our seats opposite to them.

Me and Shreya looked into each other's eyes. There were many unanswered questions.

We had no words to communicate. Our eyes were doing that for us.

"Do you think you're doing the right thing ?" She asked me through her eyes or at least I felt her asking me.

"Of course I am. You feel suffocated in this relationship and I'm just relieving you. It's for your happiness." I replied through my eyes.

She said "My happiness lies in you." I could feel her saying that. She didn't though.

We both came out of our eye locks as my lawyer asked us "Is this a mutual divorce ?" We both nodded.

Her lawyer asked Shreya "Mrs. Shreya Vadhera, do you want any compensation ?" Shreya Vadhera, she had lost the right to be called so. She nodded in a no.

My lawyer asked Shreya "Are you appealing for Aditya Vadhera's full custody or joint custody ?"

She nodded in a no again. There ! It's proved that she doesn't want Adi.

Her lawyer asked "Mr. and Mrs. Vadhera, what's the reason for your divorce ?"

She looked at me. I answered looking at her "We didn't get along and our goals are different. We can't walk on a path together."

Her lawyer announced "Okay then. We'll have the court hearing in three days from today." We nodded and got out of the office. I turned back to look at her but she didn't.

Shreya P.O.V.:

I turned back to look back at him, but he didn't. The intense conversation we had through our eyes had brought tears to my eyes. I controlled myself. I can't portray myself weak. I didn't want Adi's custody because I don't want him to know that his parents are seperated or divorced. It'll leave a huge impact on him. I would've fought for his full custody but, I can't. How can I seperate him from Maa, Papa and everyone in the Vadhera family ? He's a part of them. He's their blood. I can't just do that.

Three days later....

Today, is the day when everything will be officially over. Our relationship will end today. Things shouldn't have taken shape like this. The Malhotra family came down to Mumbai to support me.

We all left to the court. Vadhera family was already there. I looked at Daya. I knew he had no second thoughts. I looked at Dushu and then at Ishu. I could see helplessness in their eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked into the court with the Malhotra family and the Vadhera family followed the suite.