CHAPTER 49 : THE FINAL STEPS

Daya P.O.V.:

I woke up with a very bad headache. I looked at my surroundings and I realized that I wasn't in my room. I was in Pari's room. I saw a blurred image of a girl. Pari. She handed a glass over to me and said "Drink it. You'll feel better. You're having a hangover." I took it and gulped the juice. I leaned my head over the bed rest and closed my eyes.

I felt Pari massaging my forehead. She asked me "Who got you drunk ?" I try to recall the events that took place last night. That just bought me more headache. I answer "I don't remember." She says "No issues. I'll find out." I say "Chillax Pari." She says "I'm chilled. It's only that they got you drunk." I say "Pari, baby, I totally agree with you but it was just for fun." She says "Fine."

After a few hours, all of us assembled in the seating area. We started discussing about the wedding and how we'd go back to Mumbai.

Abhijeet Bhai says "Listen, all our cars except one have drivers. I don't want to put a driver in Daya's and Shreya's car as I'd like them to have some privacy. So Dushu, are you fine with driving their car ?" Dushu says "Yeah bhaiyya. I'm totally fine with it."

Pari says "Bhaiyya, there's no need for that. Me and Daya would manage." Tarika bhabhi says " But Shreya, both of you would be tired. How will you drive for such a long time ?" Pari says "Bhabhi, it's you people who will be tired. You guys are managing all the works. All me and Daya will do are sit and get ready and then perform the rituals." I say "Yeah bhabhi, she's right. We'll drive for some time snd when both of us really need someone else to drive, we'll call Dushu." Everyone agrees.

Ishu comes in running and says "Mom, I can't find the Choora and Kalire." Maa asks "What ? Have you searched for them everywhere ?" She answers "Yes Mom. I searched for them everywhere. They're no where. I guess we left them back at home."

Mom says "It's okay Taniya(Shreya's Mom). We can get new ones here. Tarika, Kajal, both of you go buy them." Tarika bhabhi says "Sure Mom, how many Choora are we supposed to get." Maa says "Back at Indore, we brought 18. 9 for each hand. So I guess we'll get the same now too."

Pari says "But I thought you brought 21 for each hand." Maa says " No Shree. We both only 9 for each hand. Nowadays, girls only wear 9 per hand though our rituals say 21 per hand." Pari says "So yeah,  we'll go with 21 per hand." Kajal Bhabhi asks "Are you sure Shree ? You'll need to wear them for 40 days." Pari says "I'm very sure but isn't it for a year and not for 40 days. ?"

Mom says "Again, these days, girls are busy with their work and hence, they wear it for 40 days only. It's your choice." Pari says "I'll go with a year. I want to follow all the rituals properly." I say "Shreya, it's not required." She says "Daya, it's not about the requirement. It's just that I want to follow the rituals."

I let her go with her decision though I totally don't agree with it. I should let her take her own decisions and let her do what she wants because it always shouldn't be about me.

One thing I got to know about her is that she's very particular about traditions and rituals being followed properly when it comes to her whereas me on the other side, I'm not so particular about rituals and traditions.

We all went to our rooms after our discussion to take some rest. As I entered my room, I received a call from Dada Ji and Dadi. I picked up the call. It was Dada Ji on the phone. I ask him "Dada Ji, when are you reaching here ? I've been waiting for you." He answers " Sorry Daya beta, we won't be able to make it. Your Dadi isn't keeping well." I exclaim " Not Keeping well ? What happened to her ? Is she fine ?"

He answers "Yes, she is fine. It's just that she caught a cold and if she travels now, she'll catch severe cold. We're so sorry." I say "Dada Ji, it's fine. Nothing is more important than Dadi's health for us." He says "Okay. Your Dadi wants to talk with Shreya. Will you please give the phone to Shreya ?" I go to Shreya's room and hand over the phone to her.

She starts talking with them. Pari talked with them over the phone a number of times before. They talked as if they've known each other for years.

I adore Pari so much for some of her qualities. She's so mingly while I take some time to mingle with people. The irony is that Shreya is the only one I mingled easily with.

Shreya P.O.V.:

It's night and I'm replying to some of the messages I received from some of my friends back in New York who aren't here for my wedding as they couldn't make it here.

Suddenly I hear some noises coming from the balcony. I instantly knew who it was. Who else, my Nandu. He came into my room and jumped on the bed next to me.

He asks "Surprised ?" I answer "Obviously no. I've gotten used to this." He says "Really, I'm so you haven't gotten used to this." He came closer to me and I immediatly got off the bed.

He followed my actions and then caged me between his arms. I ask him "What are you even doing here ? Go and get some sleep. We're getting wedded tomorrow."

He says "That's the reason I'm here. Tomorrow morning is the haldi ceremony, after which I'm not allowed to see you till our wedding. So I thought, why not we spend some time now." Saying so, he came in for my lips but just before our lips met, we heard loud bangs at thr door.

I heard Tasha shout "Shreya !!! Shreya !! Open the god damn door." I say "Ohh shit. Tasha is here. Nandu, go and hide somewhere." He says "Why do I need to hide. Let her know that I'm here." I say "Nandu, you need to hide." I drag him to the window and make him climb up the window and cover him with curtains.

Only God knows where I left my brain that I didn't make him go out if the room like he came in. I quickly unbolted the door and Tasha just rushed into the room and she started running around while mumbling something. I tried catching up with her and I successfully stopped her from going towards the window that Daya was hanging to.

I ask her "What happened ? Why are you freaked out ?" She answers "There's a cockroach in my room." I say "Cockroach ? Come let's check." Pulling her out. But she got out of my grip and started jumping on the bed.

She then sat on the bed, that side of bed that was closer to the window. She says "I'm going to sleep here today." She lies down on that side. I say "Tasha, that's my side of the bed. Move to the other side." She says " Your side ? Sacrifice it for a day." I bluffed "No please. I get back ache while sleeping on the other side." She says "But it's the same bed right. Leave it. Whatever.

She shifts to the other side and then, I too lay down beside her to sleep still wondering how to help Daya out.

I shouted to check if Tasha was awake. She shouted back at me "Why the hell are you shouting ?" I say "Umm, I was just testing my sound levels to alert you of the cockroach cones here in search of you ." She hugs me tightly. I sign Daya to get out of the room. She asks "Shreya, what will the cockroach do to me ?" I say half-mindedly "I don't know. It can do anything."

I saw Nandu get out of the room and I took a sigh of relief. Tasha shouted "Anything ??" I realize what I said and I say " I meant nothing. You sleep now. I'll take care of the cockroach if it comes here." She says "Don't take care of the cockroach. Kill the cockroach." I nod and make her sleep.

Tomorrow, by this time, I'd be getting dolled up for my wedding. The feel was totally different. It was new. I'm waiting to become Mrs. Shreya Dayanand Vadhera. Girls these days usually don't change their last names but I've decided that I'd get mine changed as I'm proud if what Nandu is and that I'm also lucky to be his.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Hey guys, here's the update. I gave it as soon as I got 150 votes.

Next update : OUR WEDDING: 200 Votes.

The next update is their wedding. So if you want the chapter faster, vote, vote and vote. I'm not going to update if the votes are any less then 200 votes.

Please vote, comment and share.