CHAPTER 22 : NEW NAMES

Shreya P.O.V.:

I've reached Indore after the emotional turmoil inside me got cleared up..today I know and I'm sure that Daya at no stage of my life will leave my side... he's cleared all my doubts and insecurities of loosing him...He strictly instructed me not to go to work till 2 more days...so my room is my workplace for the next two days...

Daya has been calling me every one hour to enquire if I'm fine...and I keep assuring that I am indeed fine...but the last time he called me..he sounded a little upset..but before I questioned him he hung up..

I received a call from him after sometime..He asked me "Hey..how are you feeling?" I reply"I'm fit and fine... don't worry about me..but tell me.. what's bothering you.." he says " nothing baby..it's just some office work.." I say "You can share it Daya..." he says "Baby..the way you call Daya sounds way different from the others.." I say " Can you please not divert the topic.." he says "Okay..I lost a consignment...umm.. It's the first time I have..." I say "Everything does have a first time Prince... it's okay..it's a part and parcel of business...I know how it feels..but trust me.. you'd bag a way prestigious one in future..." he replies "hmm...Shreya I'm receiving a call so talk to you later...take care princess.." And he puts down the call even before I say something...

He calls me back after 10 mins and says "Baby.. you were right..I bagged a way more precious deal..I love you.. you're my lady luck.." I say "See I told you..and I love you too..." we talked for some more time...

2 days later:

I was in my office once again and was working on a project..just then I received a call from Purvi...I hear her cheerful voice"Hi bhabhi..." I reply"hi.. someone is really happy..." she says "yup bhabhi..how can I not... after all the honeymoon place is the best destination.." i say "yup it sure is...but I thought honeymoon was meant for you to spend time with your husband..." she says " bhabhi... anyway..I received a mail from the college we are applying for the event management course..they needed a couple of things..the birth certificate and other educational certificates...so will you please send it to Daya Bhai.. he'd arrange the rest..." I say "Yeah sure purvi.. I'll do that as soon as I reach home.." she says "okay...bye bhabhi.." I say "bye..." and we put down the call..

The rest of the day..I spent it in working on the project but Daya never failed to call me every hour and inquire about my health....as soon as I went home I took my birth certificate and the other required documents , scanned them and send them to Daya...after a few minutes I received a call from Daya..

He started off saying"Shreya...the name on the birth certificate is Shreyanshi Malhotra...but isn't your name Shreya.." I say "Yup..it's Shreyanshi originally but I've shortened it later to Shreya..it was too long..." he says "but that's a very good name and now I've got a nickname for you..." I ask "What's it ?" He says "Anshi.." I say "Wow...that's so cute.." he says "not more than you though..." I started blushing..he says "Stop blushing.." I say "I'm not..." though I was...he says "ohh yes...don't lie.." I say "okay fine..but you know what...I have a nickname for you too.." he says"I'm curious.." I reveal it "Nandu" he says "Nandu ? How did you derive it ?" I say "Dayanand...anand..Nandu..I like Nandu more...What do you prefer?" He exclaims"I love Nandu..." he then asks me "so.. when's the next get together?" I say "After purvi is back.." he says "That sums up to after 3 more weeks..." I say "yup.. we'll have to wait..." he says "I don't want to.." I exclaim "Even I don't want to.. but we have to.. you don't want purvi to miss it out.. or do you ?" He says "Obviously no... she'd kill me.." I laugh..we both talked for hours after that and cut the call only after mom called me for dinner but..the call continued after dinner and it continued till...maybe till I dozed off..