5: Are you a Lesbian?

I always ate alone during lunch at school, but sometimes Alexis graced my table with her annoying presence.

It was no surprise when she plopped on the chair opposite me, I didn't even looking up because I knew she was the only one who bothered with me.

The truth is I actually like this girl, she's not that bad. But I couldnt't bring myself to be friends with her.....again.
It still scares me, of having to trust someone but you end up being used by that person.

"I saw Nathan staring at you a while ago" she told me and I still didn't bother looking up. What was I going to do with that piece of information anyways. A lot of people stare at me, for so many various reasons. I'm like this bad ass loner girl in school.

"Does that explain why you're here"

"I just came to talk to you and to eat also" I ignored her and just went on with my food, hoping she would just keep quiet and go on with her food but unfortunately she didn't.
She just kept on talking and talking. Oh God! I wish I could just pull out her tongue, and give it to her to eat instead.

"What are you doing" I asked her getting tired of her endless talks

"Eating" she looked at me.

"I mean here, why are you talking to me? Why can't you just eat your food in peace? Why are you trying so hard to be friends with me?"

"Because I feel you need one" she told me and I tried raising a brow. I really need to learn that art.

"What do you mean?" I got curious.

"Cheryl, you keep building high walls around yourself shutting the whole world out of your life, shutting everyone out?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about? Do I look like Maleficent" I asked remembering when Maleficent built those high stuffs made of thorns and other stuff, so those soldiers wouldn't get in.

"Why is it so hard to be your friend Taylor?" She asked instead ignoring my joke. It wasn't a bad joke, she just has a very bad sense of humor.

"Don't you get" I shot her a glare "I don't just like you"
Alexis scoffed a little taking a sip of her drink, before looking at me.

"Meaning you don't like anyone around"

"Exactly" I smirked, which was actually true.

"Don't deceive yourself Taylor. I really don't know what happened to you since sophomore year but you haven't been the same. Why you stopped smiling, why you don't have any friends and why you just shut everyone out"

I was getting tired of all this

"Look Alexis, I once had a lot of people I used to talk to, with you inclusive. I once smiled just thinking of someone but now all I do is get angry each time I remember that person. Because of that one person, I can't trust anyone and I don't want to go through all that again. So do you get it why I don't need friends. Now leave me alone"

"At least smile, just once. I want to see you smile again"

That was weird. What was the big deal about me smiling anyways? I was beginning to suspect....hmmm.

"Wait Alexis!" I called her dropping my fork and giving her an intense gaze "Are you a lesbian?"

"What!" She gave me an unbelievable look.

"Then leave me alone, I'm not interested because I'm definitely straight"

I picked up my purse and walked away leaving my tray for her to deal with. What a stupid girl!