12: Eric!!!!

Eric was on my right while Nathan was on my left. Eric was holding my right hand with his other hand behind my waist, while Nathan was holding my left hand with his other hand behind my waist meaning Eric got to me first before Nathan. Funny thing they weren't even looking at me, they were kind of glaring at each other, and I was kind of suspended in the air and my back was hurting. I was about to say something when both of them let go of me at the same time and I fell to the ground butt first and ouch! That really hurt and I could hear Chelsea snicker from behind.

"Jeez! Look what you did" Nathan scolded Eric

"I didn't do anything" Eric defended

"Why did you grab her in the first place if you were going to let her fall" Nathan said

"You let go of her too" Eric said back.

Are they serious? Are they really arguing this? First of all I was angry that they let me fall and now almost the whole school was staring at me. Well not exactly the whole school, lunch time was almost over so the cafeteria was quite empty. And secondly I was on the floor for Pete's sake and Chelsea you need to change your surname, I glared at her as I thought of that and she gave me the 'what-did-i-do' look.

"But you held her first" Nathan still argued.

"I don't care, she likes falling after all. She didn't need help when she was falling from the cliff yesterday"

I froze when I heard that statement.

"Cliff? What cliff?" Nathan looked confused and Chelsea was shooting me a glare for reasons that I'm not sure of at the moment.

You've got to be kidding me, Eric did not just say that. After he promised not to say anything. What kind of moron was he? I was still on the floor, not even having the nerve to stand up anymore, for some reason I was scared of what their reaction was going to be when they found out that I tried to commit suicide. I was shooting Eric a murderous glare, trying to tell him not to say anything but he was avoiding my gaze and with the look on his face I knew he was going to say more. I was scared out of my wits when Eric said

"Cheryl tried to....."

"Eric don't you dare" I growled at him and everyone in 'our circle' was staring at both of us. They weren't saying anything but with the looks on their faces, they were dying to know what Eric was about to say and they all gasped when Eric said

"She tried to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff"

That moment the usual feeling of anger washed over me and I sprang up to my feet and moved towards Eric and I raised my hand and connected it with his cheek, slapping him real hard, really really hard.

"You're such a fucking asshole" I yelled at him and then I kicked his leg really hard and I stormed out of the cafeteria.

Nathan's POV.

"Dude you're really an asshole" I told Eric after Cheryl had left.

"She just called me that" he reminded me rubbing the part of his face Cheryl had slapped.

"And you really deserve that" I told him again and he glared at me.

I wanted to know more, Eric said something about suicide and I wanted to know more about it. It sort of worried me that Eric knew something like that especially when it concerned Chery, and besides suicide was a big thing considering the fact that I had considered it before.

I was once like Cheryl, not talking to anybody and just being on my own. That time I was in the orphanage, me and my elder brother. Our mother was had run away from home leaving us alone with our drunk dad. But later he went to jail for a crime I was too young to understand. I was around 5 and my brother was 6. I was adopted first when I was nine and I lost all contact with my brother.

Sometimes we live on promises that we make to ourselves. I promised myself that I was going to be popular through music and I was going to find my brother and my mother. But now I'm eighteen I no longer live with the family that adopted me, they respected my decision to live alone, giving me a house and 2 cars but actually it was because they got their own kid.

I met Eric in freshman year and we were sort of different but the same. He was from a rich family but yet came to school with bruises on his face most of the time and he never wanted to talk about it. I've known Eric for almost four years and I know he has the biggest mouth in spilling other people's secret and since he knew how to do that I was going to make the best use out of it. Just as he was leaving with Chelsea and the twins, I grabbed him by the collar.

"We're going to have a little talk"

"If it's about Cheryl, I don't...."

"It's about Cheryl" I interrupted whatever statement he was about to make.

"Dude! Don't tell me you like this girl. She's very strange and weird"

"Strange and weird are two words with almost the same meaning, you shouldn't use both in a statement" I told him pulling him to our usual spot, a place where we usually hang out anytime we skip class successfully without getting caught and ending up in detention.

"So tell me"

"Tell you what?" Eric was trying to act dumb, the thing he usually does when he wants to avoid talking about something or when he's trying to get out of trouble.

"Don't act dumb with me, dumb ass" I told him.

"How can a dumb ass not act dumb with you" he gave a cheeky smile.

"Eric!" I yelled

"Ok fine! I'll say" he raised his hands in defeat. "I was at the hospital to see my sister and I just happen to see Cheryl and her mum in a fight which didn't end well and the next thing Cheryl was heading to the cliff. She practically slipped and when I tried to pull her up she let go of my hand and fell. She's crazy" Eric explained and it actually made sense because she said she was going to meet her mother in the hospital. I wanted to know how the whole thing ended up in her attempting suicide.

I cared for Cheryl, and it confused me a lot because I've thought of being close to a girl before. I didn't like girls that much to be exact and I never planned on having a girlfriend. But meeting Cheryl Taylor I was beginning to have a change of mind. I wanted to be more than a friend.

"What did her mother say to her" I asked him

"I wish you were dead" he said a bit playfully then added "I actually meant that for you too"

"I know you're going to talk to her, kind of tell her I'm sorry though I'm not. I had to say it or she was going to do it again"

"You did a good job, not a very good one but you did well" I patted his back continuously while he turned to face me.

"Is this the part where you kiss and hug me"

"People will get the wrong idea if they see us like that plus we don't have girlfriends"

Eric scrunched up his nose and backed away from me "Don't say it like we do it every time" just then a playful smile tugged at his lips.

Eric was a good kid, with a big mouth and has a bad way of expressing how he feels about something or someone.

But I loved my best friend despite all circumstances.

I'm sorry for the late update. I was sick for a while and this chapter was not my original plan. I feel like something special is going to happen in the next chapter. I don't know yet. Just vote on this chapter first.

And thank you guys for 1k reads. I'm happy.

See you in the next chapter.