39: Finding Cheryl

Eric's POV

"It's really weird if you come to someone's house to just order pizza and not even talk to the person you know? I feel like a ghost" Nathan kept on whining while I relaxed on his sofa playing a video game, patiently and hungrily waiting for my pizza to arrive which was my sole aim of coming to his house actually.

To eat pizza and forget about life.

I guess it must have been really annoying to Nathan because I hadn't said a word to him since I forcefully barged into the house and well, I really didn't plan on saying anything. Like I said my sole aim was to eat pizza and forget about life.....forget Cheryl. If I could.

I was slowly hating myself everyday because I turned my back on her. She said she loved me and I freaking turned my back and walked away as a response. I hate myself even more for lying to her because it matters, it fucking matters if she loves me because I still love her.

"Eric!" Nathan yelled my name and completely pushing me off the sofa, while I landed with a loud thud on my butt.

"What!" I yelled back and rubbed by butt from the hard fall and there went my plan of not talking to him.

"Get out from my house! You're acting damn weird"

"But my pizza hasn't arrived" I whined which sounded weirdly to me and I'm sure Nathan was giving me an inner weird look though he was covering it up with a stern look.

"You can wait for it at the doorstep" Nathan snapped. Annoyance clearly visible in his voice.
"I know things have not been spick and spanny lately, but I've been trying to talk to you for the past five minutes and all you did was stare weirdly. It's creeping me out"

"Spick and spanny???" I tried really hard not to laugh at that, but I just couldn't. "Where did that word come from plus you look like an overworked single mom caring about her depressed daughter" I said in between fits of laughter and Nathan was clearly not sharing my joke, he looked pissed and I couldn't help but laugh at that either. But in fact I was just trying find something to be happy about, even if this was just temporary I wanted to enjoy it while it lasted.

"You know what? Don't even wait for your pizza anymore, get the fuck out of my house, out of my neighborhood"  I'm really not sure if Nathan actually meant that but I totally saw that coming. I really wanted to laugh again but the look on Nathan's face told me if I even managed a giggle, I wouldn't leave here alive but damn I really needed that pizza.

I looked at Nathan directly with a fa
ke solemn expression, I was ready to play the guilty card on Nathan right now. That was sort of his weak point and I was so riding on it.

I stood up slowly from the floor where I still sat and gave him a short glance with my head hung low and my eyes mirroring fake sadness.

"OK fine, I'll just leave you know and wait on a street for a kind stranger to feed me and make friends with me. No one cares about me anymore" I said quietly before I started walking towards the door. With the current stuffs happening in my life, I should have totally pulled that off and made Nathan extremely guilty but I was already outside the door and Nathan still hadn't called me back.

What was happening? I didn't want to turn so I wouldn't blow this way but really I needed that pizza and this dude didn't just understand that. I closed the door behind me and waited outside for some seconds but he didn't still call me back.

Frustrated, I opened the door forcefully only to find Nathan just behind the door and laughing.

"About time" he said