9: Cliffhanger?

The ride back home with Nathan was silent since he had offered to take me home and he was driving, but I wasn't really ready to say anything. I didn't have a bad day, hanging out with them wasn't totally bad but I wasn't used to it so I can't really say I enjoyed it.

"Bye" I managed to mutter when we got there and he handed me my keys. I was halfway into the house when Nathan said

"You're our friend now"

Like WTF!!!!

That stopped me dead in my tracks and I whipped around to face him with a glare. That word friend made me shiver, it was a deadly word I hated to hear and I wasn't ready to get used to it.

"What did you say?" I asked him

"You're our friend now" he repeated "You, me, Eric, Kess......"

"Stop!" I yelled at him, I was getting sick of it "Was that the whole point of keeping back at your house, to join you guys clean and possibly hang out"

Nathan nodded "Last night at the party, you said you needed friends that you were lonely"

"I was drunk for Pete's sake" saying Pete suddenly reminded me of Chelsea because that was her surname, what kind of surname was that anyways, but really that was not the point now.

"People say a whole lot of truth when they're drunk" Nathan told me moving closer but I retreated back.

"I don't need friends" I said firmly, I don't know why they couldn't see it, I was fine without friends and by they I meant Alexis and Nathan now. Why were they so bent on me having friends.

"You need to let people in those walls you've built around yourself, so when those high walls comes crashing down it wouldn't be so cold for you"

Walls! Walls! Walls again! It's there something special about walls that these people keep talking about, it always made me imagine how they looked like or how tall they were. And once again I was thinking of Maleficent.

Alexis talked about walls and now Nathan too is talking about walls. Did they have a secret conversation somewhere about me or something?

"So what happens when these 'walls' comes crashing down and there's no one in it with me" I asked him

"You'll freeze to death"

Ok that was deep. What the hell is he even talk about? Is he freaking therapist now?

Ok that was scary plus the way he's eyes dilated, I was scared for a moment about actually freezing to death, but it didn't make any sense to me, none of it did.
I just wanted to be alone without having to worry about anyone or anything, that kind of life rocks but I didn't want to accept the other fact that it was also kind of lonely.

I didn't say anything after he talked about me freezing to death. I just kept on staring at him and he was looking at me back, but then he stretched out his hand asking for my phone and I reluctantly handed it to him. He typed away on the screen and I heard hid phone ring, then he handed my phone back to me.
This idiot! He couldn't just ask for my number like a normal perso.
He is seriously straight out from a cliché high school movie.

"You need a friend Cheryl" he said again and I was about to refuse again when he held my wrist and pulled me closer to him, then he wrapped his hands around me.