14: Cliff kiss

I picked up my jacket and almost took my keys but remembered my car was still at my former house. So I decided to just take a taxi and stop at the bridge and walk to the cliff instead.

I ran into my dad as I was about leaving through the main door, I wanted to turn back but he called my name.

"Cheryl" he smiled. Gosh! That smile, do you know how much I hate that smile.

"Hey!" I awkwardly waved, the tension rising.

"I'm glad you agreed to live here. Have you met Juliana?" He asked me

"Yea she's lovely" I told him hoping he would let me go since I complimented his wife but it wasn't actually a lie.

"Lovely?" He raised a brow "Were you mean to her?"

"Do you think I'm mean to everyone? Nice job gossiping me to her, you said I'm a stuck up brat. Payback's a bitch y'know"

"She told you?" He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I have to go" I said quickly and ran out the door. I didn't like how the conversation was going. I was somewhat being nice to him and I didn't want to be nice to him. He was looking real nice in an armani suit, my dad can be really handsome sometimes but that doesn't mean I like him.

When I got to the cliff, Nathan hadn't arrived so I stood at the edge of the cliff just like that time but I wasn't sure the intentions were different. I came here to talk to Nathan but why did I chose here of all places? Because I had other things in mind apart from talking.

Just then I felt a pair of hands wrapped around me from behind, startling me big time and I almost screamed buy stopped when I perceived the familiar scent.

"I'm not going to let you fall" the person said. I turned back to find Nathan's brown eyes looking at me in some sort of passionate way not exactly passionate but it wasn't in a normal way which was giving me a weird feeling which is exactly not what you guys are thinking because I don't think I'll be able to like anybody not after the shit I experienced.

"Stop being so cheesy, that's the worst pick up line I've ever heard" I moved away from him and sat on the floor, raising my knees up to my chest and he did the same next to me. We were silent for a while, he was not saying probably waiting for me to say something since I called him here but I finally spoke.

"Send me a picture when you smile again, I'll come running to America to see that smile"
I repeated the same exact words my mum told me before she left because they have been ringing in my head non stop.

"What's that?" Nathan asked

"That's what my mother told me before she left for London and she's never coming back. My mother left today and I didn't even shed a single tear and I know why she left. She left because of me, she left because she couldn't deal with me anymore. I didn't care about her, all I did was ignore her and say rude shit to her. Why wouldn't she want me dead and even after everything she said she loved me. It's killing me because for three years I never said that word, I never even thought of it. I was too busy wallowing in my own emptiness and loneliness to think of it. How could she say she loved me after everything I've done to her, her kindness is killing me and I didn't come here to talk to you, I actually came here with the intention of jumping down that......"

I wasn't able to complete my statement because I felt Nathan's lips on mine. I couldn't even comprehend, it was too sudden, really too sudden and unexpected to comprehend what was happening. Nathan was kissing me. That was the last thing I expected him to do that moment. Last thing? It wasn't even on the list if there was one.