11: Swimming?

I walked away from him feeling very...very.... Oh crap! I couldn't even explain the way I was feeling. What kind of promise was that? He was going to make me smile? This is the 21st century, nobody makes promises like that anymore.

Why did he have to come at all? I could've died and not have to worry about a blonde haired boy promising to make me smile. But I could've actually died if he wasn't there, I still wanted to die but I couldn't just bring myself to do it again, not after what Eric told me. I wouldn't lie, I was sort of curious. This was the second time Eric was showing up and saving my stupid ass, and I don't know why it has to be him, it could've been Nathan.

I hugged the jacket closer to my body since I was kind of shivering because of my wet body, it belonged to Eric and it was for varsity, I wanted to return it to him so I wouldn't have to owe him anything but then I really needed it.

I was preparing for school the next day, packing all my unfinished projects and assignments into my bag and reminding myself to finish them the moment I got to school. I was on my way out of the room when my mum walked in, and it made me sort of angry that she came in here. Well I planned on ignoring her as usual but she held me back.

"We need to talk" she told me with a firm look on her face. She looked serious but I wasn't in the mood to fight with her, not this morning maybe when I got back from school. I ignored her again and attempted walking away but she held me back in place.

"I said we need to talk" and this time I actually got angry and put on my fierce look.

"There's nothing to talk about, you said everything you wanted to say yesterday and I quite agree with you. I shouldn't be alive, so just pretend like I'm not and let's live the rest of our lives ignoring each other"

My mum gave me a long hard look before speaking "We're going to talk when you get back from school. You better get back early, it might be a long talk" with the look on her face I knew it wasn't an ordinary talk, there was something else. Was she going to apologize? I didn't want to hear it. Was she moving to another country? Well, change is good. Was she getting married? Good for her.

"Ok fine" I agreed because I didn't want to argue anymore "I'll come back early, can you let go of me now" I wriggled my arm out of her grip.

"There's breakfast in the kitchen" she shouted I left.

"Bon apetite" I shouted back.

When I got to school, I parked my car at my usual spot in the students parking lot. The moment I got out from my car, I spotted Nathan. He was talking to four other boys whom I guessed where his band mates because they weren't from our school, but I wouldn't lie Nathan's band mates were hot, really hot!

He seemed to have seen me because he was walking towards me with a big smile plastered on his face. I don't get why this kid gets to be so happy all the time. It's kind of annoying, I wonder if he even has any problems in his life. From the way his house looked, I guess his parents are kind of wealthy but that doesn't guarantee happiness anyways. I have a very rich dad but I'm no where near being happy. I wonder how much it'll hurt if I actually smiled.

"How's your mum?" That was the first question Nathan asked me and WTF! He couldn't even ask about me, he was asking about my mum. This dude has got to be kidding me.

"My mum?"

"You ran off yesterday because she was sick or something"

"Ohhh" I recalled, I had completely forgot I was with Nathan yesterday before I went to the hospital. I think the water had washed off most memories from my brain when I drowned.

"Ohh yea! She's fine, she just wanted me to go swimming"

Swimming? Cheryl seriously? I thought you were better than that.