19: Proposal gone wrong

I didn't talk to Eric the rest of the ride home. When he dropped me at home, I just muttered goodnight and proceeded to sneaking back into my room.
I couldn't even sleep properly that night, I kept rolling from ends to ends on my bed. I kept thinking of the time I spent with Eric, and how I had actually laughed. Even though it was barely a chuckle, it was something, something I hadn't done in a long while.
Why did Eric have so much effect on me?
Even when Nathan kissed me, I didn't feel half as strange as to when Eric just had his hands around my waist.

I can't be liking Eric, not when I have shut my heart to feelings. Why is it opening up again? Why should it be opening up for Eric? I didn't want to go through all that pain I felt three years and somehow till date. I was slowly healing, and I have *cough* friends. But then it's just making life more uncomfortable and more complicated than when I was a loner.

I ended up falling from my bed through my constant and excessive rolling, and when I finally drifted to sleep my alarm rang 20 minutes later. I don't think I'm exaggerating here, that was what it felt like.

I dragged myself to the bathroom, after having my shower, I dressed up for school picking out a random purple sweatshirt and a black leggings. My eyes had dark circles, I tried covering them up with concealer. I brushed my hair, letting it fall over my face. Then I grabbed my bag and stepped out of my room.
The moment I stepped out I felt someone crushing me against their chest, almost breaking my bones. It was no other person than Juliana.

"Why did you lock yourself up in your room?" She pouted.

"I was contemplating suicide" I lied my voice obviously dripping with sarcasm. Juliana raised one brow at me, letting me know that she didn't buy that but I wasn't in the mood for more conversation.

"I'll be going to school now" I told her and was about leaving but she held me back.

"What now?" Clearly annoyed.

"I have to say something" she told me.

"Well go on" I was getting impatient.

"Ok..um, I have a son and he's returning from New York sometime this week. I guess you guys are the same age, so you should definitely get along"

"You have a son?" I literally spit out my imaginary coffee. How could she have a son? I don't mean it in a bad way, but she looked so young like in her early thirties. How could she have a son my age? That's ridiculous. How old was she when she had him? Fifteen?

"How old are you again?" I really had to ask that question.

"What do you mean?" She gave a slight frown. "I had him when I was younger, when I was eighteen. He moved to New York almost at the end of freshman year, but now I want him to come back and meet his awesome step sister"

I basically yawned. People give TMI this days.

"Oh well, thanks for the info. But I'm not that excited to meet him"

"Don't worry, you will be" she gave a small smile, which I actually wanted to return but I just couldn't. I don't know how I did it yesterday, it just came naturally and I don't know why it wouldn't come now. I really wanted to smile.....again.

I was at my locker sorting my stuffs out for the day when I saw Chelsea running towards me. She had a big smile on her face, her untied hair flying in all directions as she ran. I wonder what it was this time.

"Cheryl, you won't believe this" she said in between breaths.

"I'm waiting to hear it" I told her not like I was interested, but she was going to say it anyways.