Cas / Flirting with an Angel / Pt. 1

You roll over on the stiff motel bed, groaning lightly because your body ached like crazy. Last night's hunt involved running... Lots and lots of running. You were thankful when the ghost went up in a flames, signaling that Sam had successfully burned its bones.

You smirk a little at the memory of you momentarily feeling fantastic and energized after being chased for what seems like forever. You remember thinking to yourself that maybe exercise wasn't all that bad.

A hand slaps down onto your thigh, sending a ripple of pain throughout your entire body as it tensed from the sudden touch. Yeah, nevermind about that exercising thing, you thought.

"What are you smiling at, cupcake?" A gruff voice spoke.

You look over to see a smirking Dean, with his hand still on your leg. You kick him in his side, and he stumbles off the bed while chuckling.

"Call me cupcake again, see what happens." you sneer.

Dean holds up his hands in defense, and turns to walk to the motel bathroom. The sun's rays glare at you through the window. You look over at the clock, seeing that it was 10:08 AM. Eight hours of sleep?, you thought. That must've been a new record.

You sit up slowly, your abs and arms burning. Sam typed away on his laptop, most likely already researching for a new case.

"Damn it, Sam. We just finished a case. We already have another one?" you complain.

He smiles and chuckles softly. "Welcome to the job."

You really want to throw yourself back onto the bed, but after considering how much strength that would take, and how the impact would hurt like hell, you decide against it.

Instead, you ease yourself out of bed and pull on your favorite green shirt over your camisole. You walk to the makeshift motel kitchen, popping four Advil into your mouth and downing them with a glass of water.

You walk over to Sam and look over his shoulder at his laptop. "What we got?"

"Uh..." Sam tried to collect his thoughts, blew air out of his mouth, and continued, "There's been a few killings in a small town over in Montana. All of the vics attend a very small church, and seem to be very devout."

You ramble around in your head, trying to come up with what could possibly be the source of the killings. "So we're dealing with..."

"Demons, most likely." Sam answered for you.

"Ah. Great. Love those." You roll your eyes and walk back to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, you bend down to find something to eat. To your disappointment, there's only three beers and a half-eaten parfait. Most likely Sam's.

"Guess I'm going out." you grumble to yourself, straightening yourself up and closing the fridge.

Whoosh.

The sound comes from behind you. Your body freezes. Quickly, you grab the boys' blade from the counter and whip around to face whatever monster may be behind you, holding the blade in front of you.

To your surprise, you're greeted by a handsome, sculpted, albeit scruffy, face. Piercing blue eyes stare down at you, looking you up and down.

"Who are you?" The man's voice rumbles.

Before you have time to react further, Sam springs up and comes over to you and the stranger. "Woah, woah, (Y/N). It's okay, he's a friend." Sam lowers your blade-wielding hand.

The stranger tears his eyes away from you, asking Sam, "Who is she?"

"Cas, this is (Y/N)." Sam answers, shifting his eyes back and forth from you to the man. You could tell he was confused as to why you are silent. "She hunts with us."

The man, Cas, inspects you up and down once more. You are mesmerized by his beauty, partially still in shock because you were expecting some hideous monster.

"Does she speak?" Cas asks Sam.

"Cas!" Dean walks out of the bathroom, clapping a hand on Cas' shoulder. "How're you doing?"

Cas ignores Dean's question, still staring at you. You can't tell if he's curious about you or just distrusting of you.

Dean clears his throat after an awkward silence. "I see you've met (Y/N)."

"(Y/N)." Cas nods, as if approving that your name suits you. He stares at you a second longer, and then turns to Dean as they engage in a conversation.

You get a grip of yourself, seeing that Sam was smiling at you. He raised an eyebrow at you, teasingly. You punch him in his arm, making him chuckle. You walk around the mysteriously enticing Cas, feeling your cheeks heat up with embarrassment. You haven't been that speechless and awkward since middle school.

You sit in front of Sam's laptop, trying to busy your mind with the Cas - fuck. Case. Busy your mind with the case.

(Good so far? Thumbs up and comment for part 2 if you want to find out what happens next!)