Cas / Flirting with an Angel / Pt. 3

A few days had gone by, with a lot of hunting with the boys and a few more pop-ins from Cas. You found yourself becoming anxious for his next visit, yet when he did visit, you found yourself being either sassy (one of your main defenses when it came to feelings) or awkward (but who wouldn't be in the presence of a beautiful angel?)

On this night, you were sprawled out on yet another motel couch. You were exhausted from your weeks of hunting, both mentally and physically. While Dean constantly taught you how to fight and hunt, Sam was also in your ear teaching you about different monsters. It was a lot to process.

The boys came into the living room area, duffle bags thrown over their shoulders, and a gun in each other their hands. You don't even ask where they're going, you just groan loudly.

"You coming, princess?" Dean raised his eyebrow at you.

"Uuuhhhhhggggggg." You groan in response, pressing a pillow over your face.

"Guess that's a no," Sam said. "Well, stay here, (Y/N). We'll be back late. Don't open the door for anyone, we have a key. I'm leaving a gun on the counter for you."

You remove the pillow, a thankful smile beaming on your face. "Thank you, guys."

Sam nodded, leaned over to rub your arm reassuringly, and followed Dean out the door. When you heard the Impala rumble into the distance, your body relaxed again. You got one night off.

You continue watching TV, but you're once again interrupted by a soft knock on the door. You figure the boys forgot something, so you get up and reach for the handle. Before you turned it, you remembered that Sam told you not to open it, because the boys had a key. Peering through the peephole, you see a nervous-looking Cas, biting his nails. You're shocked, but you open the door quickly, worried that he's hurt.

When you opened the door, Cas quickly put his hands by his side and straightened up.

"Cas? Are you okay?" You question eagerly.

"Yes, I'm fine, (Y/N). I thought I would try coming to see you in a civil way, rather than startling you and," He raises his arms, doing air quotes with his fingers, "'invading personal space', as Dean says."

You smile at his thoughtfulness. "Well, I appreciate it. Come in."

He steps in carefully, as if he didn't want to mess anything up while he was trying to be "civil". He moves to the couch, and awkwardly sits on the couch, his back as a straight as an arrow.

You stifle a laugh, close the door, and join him on the couch. After a moment of silence, you ask, "Do you want... coffee, or something?"

His eyes perk up and he says, "Is that what you would like?"

You smile again and shrug. "Sure."

As you get up to start making it, Cas snaps and two mugs of coffee appear in his hand. You raise an eyebrow at him, taking one of the mugs and sitting back down. "So much for being civil, Cas."

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)." He looks down, embarrassed.

You laugh, touching his leg gently. "It's fine! It's cute."

Cas looks up into your eyes, a smile emerging on his lips. Your heart flutters, and you take your hand away from his leg. The both of you sit there for a few moments, in a comfortable silence. Just enjoying each other's presence.

He's soooo cute, you think

He's soooo cute, you think. His eyes are gorgeous. His face is gorgeous. His hair is gorgeous. He's just-

"Gorgeous?" Cas interrupts your thoughts, smiling at you.

Your eyes widen. Shit, did I say that out loud? You open your mouth to fumble for an excuse, but Cas interrupts you again.

"No, (Y/N). You didn't say it out loud." He chuckles.

"Then, how did you-?"

"You must've forgotten that I can hear people's thoughts." Cas smirks, taking a sip from his mug but keeping his eyes firmly locked on you.

"Uhm, yeah. Guess I forgot about that," You laugh awkwardly, sipping from your mug and looking down at the floor. Your cheeks feel like they're on fire. To break the silence, you try to play it off. "It's not fair that you can read people's thoughts. I can't read yours."

Cas nods. "This is true. But you don't have to read my thoughts, (Y/N). I'll tell you what I'm thinking," He leans forward, putting his hand on your knee. In a soft voice, he continues, "I think you're beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking. Heavenly, even." He smirks at his own joke.

You're shocked. Cas has never complimented you before. You notice that his thumb was making tiny circles on your knee. You clear your throat, take a sip from your mug, and say, "Me? Heavenly? You're joking."

Cas rolls his eyes at you. "Take the compliment, (Y/N). I hope you know that you're beautiful, and you should be cherished. You should always feel as special as you are."

You're pretty sure your cheeks were melting from the heat at this point. "Thank you, Cas. I really appreciate it."

"Of course." He takes his hand off your knee and straightens back up.

You feel a palpable urge to kiss him. You've wanted to ever since you met him. Now seemed to be the perfect time. However, you couldn't work up the courage to do it.

Should I get liquor? Liquor will loosen me up. Wait, drinking in front of an angel? I'll definitely go to hell for that. Not like I'm a saint or anything, but that's just an understood rule of life. Right? You can't drink in the presence of an angel. Oh shoot, have I not said anything this whole time? Great, now it's awkward. Way to ruin the moment by overthinking, (Y/N).

Cas chuckles again, his eyes gleaming with amusement. "You're so cute."

Without warning, he placed his hand behind your neck and pulled you forward, meeting your lips with his. You feel the roughness of his stubble against your face. His incredibly soft lips distracted you from it, though. The kiss was soft, romantic, and heartfelt on both sides. You laid a hand on his cheek, feeling yourself relax into the kiss. A surge of heat rushed through your body as his hand other hand rested on your knee again, this time more purposeful. Your lips moved in sync with his, and you felt completely connected to the handsome angel.

His lips moved to the corner of your mouth, then he kissed a trail on your cheek, stopping right before your ear. You giggled, scrunching your shoulder and neck together because it tickled. He leaned back, studying your face lovingly. His fingers brushed your hair away from your face. He smiled, tilting his head to the side a bit. "How are you so gorgeous, (Y/N)?"

"How am I so lucky?" you purr, pulling him into another kiss.