Sam / Reliving Tuesday

Heeeeat of the moment.

You smile as Sam sits up in bed, thinking about how cute he looks when he's all disheveled. You pull your shirt over your head and say, "Let's get going, beauty queen."

Sam's expression was unresponsive and sullen. He threw the covers off the bed, stood up, and walked to the bathroom.

"Someone's a little grumpy," you whisper.

After you two got ready in an uncomfortable silence, you and him hopped in the car and started driving towards a local diner. He hadn't looked at you once. He hadn't spoken a single word. He hadn't changed his sulky expression. You rolled your eyes, thinking that he's in one of his moods.

You two enter the diner and you welcome the chatter of customers and waitresses. You snagged a booth near the door. After glancing at the menu, you finally decide to break the silence and say, "Hey, look! Today's special is the Big Breakfast Supreme. It has sausage links... Your favorite."

"I know," he mutters, still not making eye contact with you or even looking at the menu. He stared at the table, seemingly lost in his own world.

An older waitress with short black hair came over to your table, a smile plastered on her face. "What can I get you two to drink?"

"I'll have a water," you answer politely.

"You betchya," she says, turning to Sam. "And for you, son?"

"Nothing." He doesn't even make eye contact with her.

You're fed up with him by this point. When the waitress leaves, you lean across the table and whisper, "Listen, you better tell me what's up or fix your attitude, Sam. I'm not dealing with this all day."

Sam's eyes finally met yours. They looked tired, defeated. He leaned across the table and said in a very clipped tone, "I've lived this day over 100 times now."

"What?" you ask, taken back by his ridiculous statement.

He leaned back in his seat, looked out the window, and shook his head. "It's no use," he mutters to himself.

"Sam, damnit, tell me what's up with you," you demand.

"I've lived this day over 100 times. Every day is Tuesday. And every day I have to watch you die. Every goddamned day. I'm sick of it," he explains, still looking out the window.

You have no clue what to say. You're pretty sure he's lost his mind, but you decide to play along because you don't know what else to say. "Okay, if you've lived this day a hundred times, why don't you know what I'm going to say?"

"I do," he says sharply, turning his attention back to you.

"No you don't," you both say at the same time. You blink in surprise and add, "Lucky guess."

"Not a guess." Sam rolls his eyes.

You lick your lips, trying to think of something so random that he couldn't possibly guess. At the same time you both say, "Sam Winchester wears pink tutus and twirls around like a pretty princess."

Your mouth drops open in shock. How in the hell did he know you were gonna say that? You try again to say another outlandish thing, but at the same time you both say, "Sam Winchester loves to eat applesauce in the bathtub."

"That one never makes sense," Sam half-chuckles.

You're freaked the hell out by now, but you continue saying crazy things, which he joins you in saying each time. After a few more sentences, you give up. He really can predict what you're going to say. You try to figure out how this is possible. Is he really reliving this day over and over again? And why aren't you reliving it, too?

The waitress appears next to the table, pulling you back to reality. "Here we go, sweetie." She sets down your drink on the table. She digs a straw out of her apron, and moves her hand to set it down next to your cup, not really paying attention to where her hand goes. Her hand knocks your glass, and it begins to tip. As you brace yourself for the cold drink to spill on you, Sam grabbed the glass and put it back in place, staring into your eyes the whole time. He raised his eyebrow, giving you an, "I told you so," look.

You and the waitress stare at Sam in shock, trying to process what just happened.

"Nice reflexes, son," the waitress says, clearly impressed. She looks at both of you one more time, and then turns to walk back to the kitchen.

"Believe me now?" Sam says, deadpan.

"What the hell?" is your answer. You search your brain for answers and ask, "Well, what else happens today?"

Sam blows air out his mouth, annoyed. "Well, we leave the diner, and then you die."

"What?!"

Sam nods nonchalantly, as if he didn't say what he just said.

"I-" You notice people looking over at you, and you realized you were talking loudly. Your face flushed and you continue in a quieter voice, "I die? Why? Do you die, too?"

He shrugs. "Couldn't tell you. I always wake up right after you die."

You examined his face carefully, trying to see if he was telling the truth or not. He kept his eyes trained on a random stain on the table. You could tell he was sad and tired. It just occurred to you that seeing you die everyday probably destroyed him. Lord knows it would destroy you if you had to watch him die.

You grab his hand. This surprises him, and pulls him from his trance. He looks into your eyes with such sadness. You feel your heart aching to make him happy. You didn't want him to be in pain, even if you couldn't control it.

Or can I?, you think.

"Well, have you figured out anything? What it could be, why it's happening, any possibilities?" you ask, searching his eyes for any glimmer of rememberance.

He shook his head, blowing air out of his mouth quietly. "Nothing so far. I've checked all the lore, and I'm not sure what's going this or how to stop it." He goes off in his own little world again, staring out the window.

You squeeze his hand and whisper, "Sammy, I love you so much. We're going to figure this out. I promise."

Sam's eyes cast downwards, the corner of his lip turning up in a weak smile. "You say that every time."

-------------------------------------------------------
Okay OUCH I didn't know I could imagine such heartbreaking stuff wow I'm sorry y'all. It hurts me to write it, but I really like the outcome.

Look guys! I finished a story!! I'm so proud of myself! I'm buckling down and finishing as many stories as I can tonight, so I'll post some more soon! Thanks for being patient and still reading on, though I'm terrible at updating!