Dean x Haley / Jealous

The sound of an annoying female's laugh pulled your attention away from your conversation with Sam. You search for the source of the high-pitched laugh, and your eyes land on Dean and some blonde bimbo. She was leaning forward on the table, obviously trying to draw his attention to her breasts. She tossed her bleach blonde hair over her scrawny, tanned shoulder. Dean's eyes looked her up and down, a smile creeping on his lips as he brought his beer to his mouth. He seemed to be enjoying her company.

Dean's such a slut, you think, angrily.

"Hello? Earth to Haley?" A long hand waving in your face brought you back to reality. You turn back to Sam, realizing you had abruptly cut your conversation with him short. He has one eyebrow raised, obviously aware of your sudden mood change.

"Yeah? What? No, I'm good." you say quickly, half-heartedly trying to defer the inevitable heart-to-heart with Sam. With another glance at his concerned face, you know the heart-to-heart will come much sooner than you wanted.

"Haley, just frickin' tell him that you like him. You're being more obvious than you think." Sam says, taking a swig of beer.

"I don't like him," you say sharply. You glance at Dean and the blonde once more, then focus back on Sam. "I just don't appreciate Dean flirting with girls like that. He's so much better than that."

Sam rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "Yeah, that's not what he thinks. He thinks that he can only get girls like that. He doesn't think he's worthy of an actual, heartfelt relationship."

Your heart sinks, and you feel a little defeated. "I know," You take a sip of your beer and say more quietly, "I know."

The blonde's annoying laugh sounds once again, and you feel your face start to heat up.

Woah, wait. Am I... jealous?

You shake off your inner-monologue and hop off the bar stool. Your feet carry you over to Dean and the blonde against your better judgement.

When you arrive at their table, your hand slips around Dean's shoulders. He's startled at first, but he's more startled when he sees that it's you. "Haley, what are you-"

"Hello to you too, dear," You smile at Dean, then turn to the blonde. "And you are...?"

The blonde is just as confused as Dean, but manages to answer, "Uhm, Sarah." Her eyes go back and forth between you and Dean, then she leans closer to Dean and asks, "Who's she?"

Dean starts, "She's-"

"I'm his girlfriend," you lie, beaming at the girl. "Now, honey, we have to get back to the hotel. We have a big a day tomorrow, and maybe a big night, too, if you're lucky." You wink, giggling.

Dean's eyes widen, his mouth opened slightly in shock. He quickly closes his mouth, trying to regain his composure. "Uh, s-sure, yeah."

You turn back to the blonde as Dean gets up from his chair. "It was so nice meeting you, Samantha-"

"Sarah." she corrects you.

"Good for you." you say sarcastically. You take Dean's hand and drag him back to the bar where Sam is sitting in awe.

The realization of what you just did attempts to hit you, but you quickly throw down a $20 on the counter and pick up your wallet. "How about we hit the road, boys."

As you start walking away, Dean grabs your shoulder and pulls you back. "Not before you tell me what the hell just happened."

"Yeah, seriously. I've never seen you act so boldly before, Haley." Sam laughs.

You shrug, fumbling for an excuse mentally but not showing it physically. "You just didn't seem interested. Thought I'd help you out."

"Didn't seem interested? Did you see the rack on that girl?" Dean asks incredulously.

"I did, and we ought to ask where she got them. Her surgeon really inflated those puppies up." You roll your eyes and attempt to walk away again, but Dean pulls you back.

"Is someone jealous?" Dean smiles cockily. He turns to Sam, pointing at you. "I think she's jealous."

Sam opens his mouth to agree, but your eyes warn him not to. He half-smiles, gets up from the bar stool, and says, "I'm going to the car. You crazy kids have fun."

You watch Sam disappear into the crowd, and realize that you have to face Dean now. You take in a deep breath. "Listen, Dean-"

"You're jealous," Dean crosses his arms over his chest. "And the only reason you'd be jealous is if you had the hots for me. But I mean, who can blame you. Look at me." He smiles, and you're left to wonder if he was joking or not.

Before you could say another smartass remark, you accept that you have to tell him the truth. "Fine. I like you. Don't let that swell up your ego more than it already is. And please, don't make this weird. It's okay if you don't like me back, I completely get it. Just don't make it weird for Sammy, okay?"

Dean chuckles softly. You're pretty sure he thinks you're ridiculous, or overdramatic, or weird, or chick-flicky, or-

"Who says I don't like you back?"

Your eyes flicker up to his shimmering green ones. "What?"

"I didn't say I didn't like you back," He steps forward, his hands moving to your hips. He pauses, smiling down at you. "I think you're amazing, Haley. And I'm happy to know that you like me, too."

Your heart warms at his words. You can't find the words to respond, so you just hug him, burying your head into his chest. He hugs you back, resting one hand on your head. You two hug for a few moments, finding comfort in each other's embrace.

When you two pull away, Dean is smiling his signature grin. "So, about that 'big night', you mentioned earlier? Is that offer still on the table?"

"We'll see." You laugh, kissing his cheek and leading him out of the bar.

(I'm so sorry that this one is soooo long and not that good 😁 I really hope you like it, penguin080512 !)