Cas / Flirting with an Angel / Pt. 2

Dean and Cas continue to talk about... Well, whatever they were talking about. You were trying not to pay attention to them, in fear of making a bigger fool of yourself.

Sam joined you on the bed, researching more about the new case, and trying to explain things to you along the way. You had only been hunting for a week, and had a lot of learning to do.

You were finally focused on researching, when you happened to look up and see that Cas wasnt there anymore.

"Where'd he go?" you asked Dean, who was hunched over the counter, finishing the last of the parfait.

"Personal crap he had to do." He waved off the question.

Your eyebrows lower in confusion. "Did he go out the door?"

Sam and Dean exchange a look, then Sam clears his throat and says, "Uh, no. Cas is, uh... An angel."

You half-laugh, thinking it was some dumb joke. When you see that neither of the boys are smiling, you're back to being confused. "An angel? Like... An angel angel? With God, and Heaven, and all that?"

"Yeah, exactly. Except Cas isn't really, uh... associated with Heaven anymore. He fell." Sam continued.

You take a minute to process this new, strange information. However, thanks to all the monster crap you've been exposed to over the past week, you aren't too shocked. You've learned by now to just go with it. "So, what? He just floats around and hangs out with you two?"

Dean speaks up. "Yeah, sort of. He's a friend."

You scoff. "You two? Friends with an angel?"

Sam shrugs, and Dean doesn't answer, so you assume that's the end of the conversation, and decide to leave it. Just roll with the punches, (Y/N), you think to yourself.

- The next night -

You quickly douse the demon in holy water. It writhes in pain, its skin steaming and burning. It lets out a scream, and hunches over.

You waste no time grabbing its shoulder and jabbing the blade into its stomach. The demon screams louder, its face and eyes glowing red, then drops to the ground.

You shudder at the image of the demon, still not used to all this monster, demon, ghoul crap.

Sam and Dean nod in approval. "You're getting better, (Y/N)." Sam compliments.

"Sure is," Dean says. He claps his hands together and adds, "Who wants to celebrate (Y/N)'s first demon kill with some grub?"

You are baffled at how anyone could be hungry after dealing with a hideous demon, but remember that you'll eventually get used to it, like the boys had told you.

After a quick dinner at a local bar, the three of you head back to the motel. You flop onto your bed, groaning at how your body still ached from the ghost encounter a few days ago, and how sore you'll be in the morning thanks to tonight's hunt. In minutes, you're fast asleep.

At some point during your sleep, you get this prominent feeling that someone is beside you, watching you. At first, you shake it off as your mind still being overactive because of the hunt. However, when minutes start to pass, you begin to feel like someone is actually there.

You slowly reach under your pillow and wrap your hand around the gun that is resting under there, and quickly bolt upright, aiming the gun towards the other side of the bed.

When your eyes adjust to the darkness, you see the same handsome face from earlier.

Cas.

He seems startled by your quick defense, but says in a quiet voice, "I-I'm sorry for frightening you."

"What the hell are you doing here?" you snap, reacting out of the fear and adrenaline that is pumping through your body.

Cas takes a minute to think of an excuse. "I came to check on you three. To make sure everything was okay."

You scoff at the lame excuse. "Why don't you look into your magic angel crystal ball? You don't need to come here to see us."

He looks down, seemingly embarrassed. When he looks back up, you shudder at how his eyes lock with yours. He's so handsome. You decide that Sam must've been telling the truth about Cas being an angel. He's so beautiful, he absolutely has to be one.

"If I'm being completely truthful, I actually wanted to get a closer look at you." Cas states.

Your heart skips a beat, but you make sure not to show your emotion. "Why?"

"Well, you're very beautiful. And I seem to be attracted you." Cas' eyes are burning into yours.

"Wow. Just laying it all out there." you remark sarcastically. Although your heart is soaring and his words are replaying in your head, you throw your feet over the edge of the bed and stand up, away from Cas. You see that the boys are still asleep.

You walk over to the kitchen, your legs burning with each step. Your arms ache as you open the Advil bottle and pour out four more pills to take. Before you can put them to your mouth, Cas appears in front of you.

"Oh, Jesus!" You exclaim, startled.

"I can heal you from your pain." Cas says. Before you have time to react, Cas places his hand on your head.

Your body warms from his touch, your heart beating rapidly. When he removed his hand, your soreness is gone, and you feel completely renewed.

Cas lowers his arm, the right side of his mouth turned up in a half smile.

You cough awkwardly, and mutter, "Uh, thanks."

"You're very welcome, (Y/N)." Cas smiles wider, his eyes gleaming with happiness. You put the pills back into their container, feeling awkward but comforted in Cas' presence.

"I will let you get some sleep, now. I hope to see you soon." Cas slightly nods, then disappears into thin air.

You don't know how long you stood there, but it was a while. You couldn't fathom what just happened, or why your body was all tingly and your heart felt warm. You finally turn and walk back to your bed, climbing in and covering the blanket up to your chin.

This angel's gonna cause me lots of trouble, you think. Despite your attempt to stifle it, a smile emerges across your face. Unable to stop smiling, you roll over and begin to think more about the angel.

His words rattle in your mind: "I hope to see you soon."

Yeah, me too.

(Like and comment for more on this story, or comment for a personal imagine!)