Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos

Pokémon vs. Monster Hunter! Two of gaming's iconic flagship dragons will square off. Who will win? Who will die?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Dragons. They are some of fiction's most feared creatures, yet in gaming, their power and sheer awesomeness are revered.

Boomstick: Like Charizard, the Flame Pokémon!

Wiz: And Rathalos, the King of the Skies. For a fair assessment, we'll be examining a maxed-out wild Charizard. This means no special EV boosts, no Mega Evolutions, and no unnaturally learned moves like TM moves, breed moves, and the like.

Boomstick: "Oh, but Boomstick, Charizard has Blast Burn and Mega Charizard X and the--" SHUT THE HELL UP! This is our show and this is the way we do it! *clears throat* Fine. To be fair, we'll be using the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Rathalos at G-Rank, and just that.

Wiz: Take note, this is a regular G-Rank Rathalos. The Frenzy virus will not be taken into account, and moves from Azure and Silver Rathalos will not be used.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CHARIZARD

Wiz: Kanto's Fire-type starter Pokémon evolves from Charmander, to Charmeleon, and finally, to Charizard, the Flame Pokémon.

Boomstick: Awesome! Do I get to ride that thing into battle?

Wiz: Well, that could be tough, considering a full-grown Charizard is only 5'7'' tall.

Boomstick: Oh, COME ON! I wanna ride a dragon to unleash death from above, not chill with it on the couch!

Wiz: Despite its size, Charizard is extremely fast, and extremely powerful. At the cost of low defense, Charizards have high Speed and Special Attack.

Boomstick: But since he can fly, I doubt anybody can have an easy time hitting him.

Wiz: Charizard's moveset is incredibly diverse, ranging from the obvious Fire and Flying-type moves to Dragon and even Ghost-type moves.

Boomstick: Charizard is a threat at all ranges. At close range, he'll keep you at your toes with Slash, Dragon Claw, or Shadow Claw. He can strike from above with Wing Attack or Air Slash, but his real power lies in the flames.

Wiz: Wild Charizards have a variety of Fire-type moves, ranging from the close-range Fire Fang to the twister-producing Fire Spin. Charizard can also opt to take damage in return for the deadly Flare Blitz...

Boomstick: ...and of course, burn you to cinders with Flame Burst or Flamethrower!

Ash's Charizard unleashes a torrent of flames, easily knocking out Gary's Scizor.

Wiz: The strength of Charizard's fire attacks is further amplified by Charizard's innate Blaze ability, which strengthens Fire-type moves when Charizard is gravely injured.

Boomstick: Charizards are aggressive and have warrior mentalities, and will actively seek fights with opponents stronger than itself.

Wiz: As a Fire and Flying-type Pokémon, Charizard is doubly effective against Grass-types, but weak to Water-types, and weaker against Rock-type moves. When Charizard is caught in a heavy rainstorm, its tail flame will go out.

Boomstick: Oh, you know what happens to Charizard when his flame goes out? HE DIES. Can you imagine living in constant fear that, I dunno, you get caught in the rain and die?