Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long

(A/N: Again, apologies for the sudden change of matchup, and a LONG overdue fight. With that our of the way...enjoy!)

****

Monster Hunter vs. RWBY! It's hunter versus hunted in this battle of explosive fisticuffs! Will the yellow beauty of Team RWBY return from the hunting grounds with victory, or will the slimy Brute Wyvern feast on yet another human meal?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: The fist, the basic and most effective solution to solving and ending disputes. Made even more destructive and badass when they cause explosions!

Wiz: And in this hunter-against-hunted duel, we shall see who will come out on top.

Boomstick: The Brachydios, the Crushing Wyvern from Monster Hunter...

Wiz: And Yang Xiao Long, Team RWBY's blond brawler slash huntress.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*

BRACHYDIOS

Wiz: The vast and colorful world of Monster Hunter is filled with wonder and danger. Monsters of various shapes and sizes roam the land, and hunters venture into various locales to hunt them down. But no matter where you are in this world...

Boomstick: ..."Brachydios" always means trouble!

Wiz: The Brachydios is a Brute Wyvern, and quite possibly the oddest of the bunch. While some Brute Wyverns have borderline-limitless hunger or can crush enemies by rolling into them...

Boomstick: This thing literally blows sh*t up! WITH ITS FISTS! And watch out, 'cause this thing is a legitimate lightning bruiser. It can easily cave in the ground by slamming its horn into it, climb up walls, send humans flying with whatever it throws at them, and even shrug off an Agnaktor coiling around it!

Wiz: Being one of the more powerful Brute Wyverns, the Brachydios is easily superior to the Barroth, which can knock down the stone pillars in the Sandy Plains with its scalp.

Boomstick: And while we're on speed, the Brachydios can easily catch up to fleeing hunters without even trying, and it once kept up with an Agnaktor, whose top speed clocks in at between Mach 14 and Mach 29!

Wiz: Like most other monsters, the Brachydios has an incredible pain tolerance. Even when pushed to the very limit, the Brachydios will keep fighting until the last of its energy is spent.

Boomstick: Because if both of your arms are broken and your tail's been cut off, you'd probably quit. Not the Brachydios, though. He's a freaking trooper!

Wiz: Brachydios have impressive durability, able to endure a four-hunter onslaught for ten minutes at least—and a casual reminder that those hunters can take down the mountain-sized Dalamadur. It is also unaffected by extreme temperatures, and like many other monsters, the Brachydios can fall into lava and be completely unscathed.

Boomstick: This thing's a survivor, no matter how you look at it. With that out of the way, let's talk about how he kills people!

Wiz: Right. The Brachydios's main weaponry includes its horn and fists.

Boomstick: You see the green stuff smeared on its horn and fists? That's its saliva. ...I'm really having trouble deciding whether or not that's hardcore, or just disgusting.

Wiz: Actually, that's its saliva mixed with a slime mold that lives on it, so...yeah, it is a little disgusting. On the bright side, however, this combination allows the Brachydios to dish out plenty of punishment, inflicting whatever it hits with its horn and fists with Blastblight.