Season 1 Death Battle Trivia

(A/N: Nothing, I just felt the need to post this. Figured I'm gonna have to look back at the season, ya know? Oh, by the way, I've got an announcement (not the cancellation of this fic, because I'm NOT cancelling it) at the end of this trivia. Stay tuned.)

****

So, we've come quite a long way since season one, huh? Here's a recap of my Season 1 matches, some of which I'm proud of, but others I am not proud of in the slightest. Because why not?

1. Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman

To this day, I don't know what came over me when I thought up this match. I mean, it's one-sided as hell, right? Sorry, I couldn't think of a good way to start this Death Battle fanfic off.

Honestly, I don't know just WHAT came over me when I dribbled this out. I don't remember the reason exactly...oh wait, I think I just racked my ideas for a good debut fight, thought up this match, and I wondered: "Hmmm...two angsty swordsmen with dark pasts, could fly." Still, it might not have been the best way to start off a Death Battle fanfic, but I think it was passable for a debut fight, to say the least. Other than that, I personally don't see any major flaws in this fight (besides Mikasa being slightly OOC) that need fixing.

2. The Lich King vs Nightmare

This match is, to me, my OFFICIAL debut in the Death Battle writing circuit (despite this being my second fight).

What inspired me to do this match was a suggestion (to the original show) made by a fan in Death Battle Wiki, and before I published this, I had written a version of this nearly a year before publication and planned to post it on Death Battle Fanon Wiki. However, due to the toxicity of...well, SOME of the debaters there, I figured I'd steer clear of the Fanon Wiki (my visits to the Fanon Wiki are now limited to just checking out battles, and I will NOT post any of my fights in there, they're gonna stay on Wattpad and DeviantArt), and as a result, I became stagnant. It was only after I wrote Cloud vs Mikasa that the inspiration of doing a better retake of Lich vs Nightmare came to me. I went research overboard on this one, wisening up on WoW and Soulcalibur lore, digging into their weapons and character, and analyzing every possible angle in which these two soul sapping swordsmen would strike. Still...I WAS proud of my verdict when I published this, but now I find it quite questionable. Tell me what you think.

(02/15/2017 UPDATE: After having written Ragna vs Nightmare on DeviantArt, I now concede that the results of my Lich vs Nightmare are complete bullsh*t and a major asspull on my part. If Ragna's Soul Hax can work on Inferno, why can't the Lich King's? Also, Lich easily oneshot 25 HEROES of Azeroth, and when you're struck by Frostmourne directly, your soul is immediately drawn to the blade. Since Inferno has shown no defense to Soul Hax, well... But hey, Lich vs Nightmare is one of my earliest fights. Cut me some slack, I sucked big time at researching back then)