Season 2 Death Battle Trivia

(A/N: I forgot to put this warning in the Season 1 trivia, but this trivia will contain spoilers about my S02 fights. Read at your own risk, if you haven't read all my S02 battles yet.)

All right, now that the season is officially over, I thought I'd do a little recap on things. Now, let's see how I improved from my sh*tty first season in this...less-than-sh*tty season! A bonus: ya get to read a pretty nice throwback!

****

Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon

This season opener is, at best, average. I mean, it isn't anything I can be really proud of, but it isn't a complete disappointment, either. It's definitely a step-up from my...less-than-stellar series opener, Cloud vs Mikasa. Plus, this matchup was yet another popular one. Maybe not as popular as Season 1's finale, but something that has largely been debated on ever since the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series became popular. However, unlike Vergil vs Sephiroth, this had already been done twice before I wrote it. The first one was on DeviantArt, where Spyro emerged the victor (then again, Crash and Spyro fought one-on-one there). The other one was on the DB Fanon (the one site where I don't wanna write my battles for now), where Crash won (and that one used their classic versions). So that got me thinking: "What if I used composites of them AND gave them BOTH their companions?" And then, boom, clap, the idea of Crash vs Spyro was born.

In the end...I'm somewhat okay with this fight. As for the results, I now personally think it can go either way. Well, at first, I sided with Crash due to the versatility and durability of Aku Aku, demonstrated in the PS2 and PSP versions of the (canon) games Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind over Mutant (some people tend to overlook Aku Aku's durability as demonstrated in the games I mentioned, and tend to side with the Aku Aku in the classic games that die in one hit), and his skills in close combat. But now that I think about it, with the power of Dark Spyro, this match can REEEEALLLLLY go either way depending on the situation.

Results aside, I can say that I did enjoy writing this fight. While I could REALLY have stepped up the banter between these PlayStation heroes, I did make up for it with a fight that not only was kind of good, but one that was a definite step up over Season 1's opener, which to this day I have no idea why I wrote.

Overall, in my tastes, this is a passable debut for Season 2. Tell me what you guys think.

 Tell me what you guys think