Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)

Soulcalibur vs Fate! Two warriors who prevail not with their own strength, but with the weaponry they mimic, shall square off! Which of these two copiers will emerge victorious?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Many heroes exist in fiction. Some use their superpowers to save the day on a day-to-day basis, others fare into the far reaches of space and battle aliens, but few heroes can compare to the swordsman.

Boomstick: You know what's better than having one sword? Having a ton of swords, that's what! And you know what's better than that? When those swords aren't yours, but pack the mean punch of the real deals! We bring you Edge Master, the master of blades...

Wiz: And Shirou Emiya, the master of Saber.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out which of these copiers wins in a Death Battle!

*~*~*~*~*~*

EDGE MASTER

Wiz: He is an enigma. His origins are known by only himself. He is renowned for his many weapons, and he is known simply as Edge Master.

Boomstick: ...

Wiz: ...

Boomstick: ...

Wiz: ...what?

Boomstick: Edge Master? What the hell is with that name? It sounds like something an emo teen would name his OC! What does he do, grab a ton of weapons and cut himself with them?!

Wiz: ...not a good joke.

Boomstick: But his name's literally Edge Maste-

Wiz: No, Boomstick! We're talking about one of the most powerful characters of Soulcalibur, a master of so many weapons, and NOT a stereotypical emo teen who-you know what? Let's just get to analyzing Edge Master!

Boomstick: But-eh, fine.

Wiz: Edge Master's backstory...will not be touched upon, considering that it's a complete mystery to everyone but himself. However, it is known that he did serve in a far-off temple as an adviser and teacher of the Li Sheng Su martial arts...before he burned down the temple after the night when a certain blond-haired knight got his hands on an evil sword.

Boomstick: That...kind of escalated quickly.

Wiz: Soon afterward, Edge Master discovered a young man named Kilik, and would soon train the latter to suppress the evil within him. When Kilik completed his training, Edge Master sent him off to destroy the cursed sword Soul Edge...and then he subjected himself to a life of hermitage.

Boomstick: But being the badass old man that he was, Edge decided to step out of being a hermit and...yeah, he didn't really do anything worth noting before he became a playable character again, besides curbstomp some random Korean spear user.

Wiz: While Edge Master does not possess many incredible accomplishments to his name, he certainly reserves his right as one of the most powerful characters ever to grace Soulcalibur. While he does not wield an all-powerful cursed sword or a benevolent holy blade, Edge Master's true strength lies in his ability to mimic the weapons and fighting styles of almost all the other combatants in the roster.

Boomstick: His weapons look nothing like the original, though...

Wiz: True, and they don't wield the full, true power of the real deals. However, Edge Master more than compensates for this by being able to mimic the fighting styles associated with those weapons right down to the letter. In other words, while he wields copies that technically have slightly downgraded power, he is able to mimic fighting styles completely perfectly.