Episode 27: Red vs Yuna

Pokemon versus Final Fantasy X! Two combatants who fight not with their own power, but the power of the creatures that they summon, will face off today! Will the champion of Kanto walk home with a victory deserving of his title, or will the summoner of Spira break his legendary streak?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: Wiz, let me ask you a question. What's an epic way to kick ass?

Wiz: Scientifically, there's quite a lot. Martial arts, devastating black magic, deadly weaponry...

Boomstick: But you know what's way cooler than all that? Not doing the fighting yourself, instead relying on summoned creatures to do the dirty work for you! Like Red, the Pokemon champion of Kanto...

Wiz: And Yuna, the summoner of Spira. Take note that for this match, we will not be using a composite Yuna, AKA a Yuna who wields Aeons and Dresspheres. We will be sticking solely to her FFX incarnation, where her abilities as a summoner were shown at their peak. We will also be excluding the summons Yojimbo and Magus Sisters, since they are too heavily reliant on luck.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz; And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle!

*~*~*~*~*~*

RED

Wiz: Imagine right now: your lifelong desire is to see every creature that has ever graced the planet before you pass on. That's why you take up a job that allows you to study those creatures.

Boomstick: Uuuuntil old age catches up to you before you can do it and you decide to dump all the responsibility on a hapless ten-year-old kid.

Wiz: So begins the story of Red, a child from Pallet Town. His mission: to best the Elite Four, become the Pokemon champion, and of course, capture all 151 Pokemon. To do this, he needed a partner, a friend...a Pokemon.

Boomstick: So when the time came for him to choose which animal he would drive to slavery, Red, like any sane man, chose the awesome fire dragon. We'll get to him in a bit.

Wiz: With his new Pokemon, Red soon journeyed across the land of Kanto, collecting a good number of Pokemon and working his way through the Pokemon League. Eventually, he would succeed in capturing all 151 Pokemon, but for this match, we'll only be covering his most iconic ones, as he can only carry six Pokemon at a time.

Boomstick: First one on the list is the electric mouse of destruction, Pikachu. Don't let its cute looks fool you...the same can be said for any Pikachu, really. Still, for one small mouse, it packs a hell of a big punch. It'll attack you from a distance with Thunderbolt, cave your skull in with Iron Tail, attack...quickly with Quick Attack, and even slam at you like a nuclear warhead with the Volt Tackle!

Wiz: Second is his Lapras, a Pokemon he most likely typically uses for water transportation. It can crush enemies underneath it with Body Slam, rain water on them with Brine, strike them with a telekinetic force in Psychic, and summon a devastating snowstorm with Blizzard.

Boomstick: The next one may appear a bit lazy, but it certainly packs a hell of a punch, considering how heavy it is! Snorlax can strike you with a ghostly ball called...Shadow Ball, crunch you with...Crunch, use its weight to its fullest advantage with Giga Impact, and sic a HUGE LASER at your face with Hyper Beam!

Wiz: His next Pokemon is the final evolution of the grass-type Kanto starter Pokemon, Venusaur. This Pokemon can assail the foe with debilitating status effects, either poisoning them with Sludge Bomb or putting them to sleep with Sleep Powder. It can also regain its health with Giga Drain, and slam a massive...tree...into them with Frenzy Plant.