Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi

Akame ga Kill versus BlazBlue! The sadistic general of ice returns in her first proper matchup! Now, faced with the legendary, icy hero of Ikaruga, will she finally claim a victory? Or will she once more die trying?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: When one leads a war, they are usually set on emerging victorious no matter what the cost, and thus, they are constantly devising new ways to prevail over the opposition.

Boomstick: Whether it be science, magic, or just straight-up murder, generals will constantly find ways to one-up their enemies. And in this episode, we're featuring two generals who use ice...and sadism...to give their opponents the cold shoulder!

Wiz: Esdeath, the Empire's Strongest...

Boomstick: And Jin Kisaragi, the Knight of the N.O.L.. He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle!

*~*~*~*~*~*

ESDEATH

Wiz: The weak will be weeded out. Only the strong will prevail. Only the fittest will survive. That is the philosophy of the sadistic general of the Empire...Esdeath.

Boomstick: Esdeath's story isn't exactly normal. But should we expect that for like, almost every anime villain? Little Es was raised in a northern villains and trained to gut animals, taught by her father that "the strong live and the weak die." Needless to say, Esdeath's backstory is pretty metal, if not Berserk or Attack on Titan level.

Wiz: And it doesn't end there. After her village was leveled by an attacking tribe and, well...everyone was murdered, Esdeath swore to become stronger. To do this, she would join in the Imperial Army, quickly rising through the ranks and becoming the strongest general of the Empire in no time at all.

Boomstick: And for good reason! She's strong enough to kick people's faces off, dodge lightning, is faster than foes who can create sonic booms while fighting, and curbstomped many of the members of Night Raid - who are supposed to be the main characters - and she was holding back!

Wiz: Esdeath is also an extremely capable swordswoman, using a style reliant on precision strikes and power-blows. She is also a capable leader and strategist, having led two separate groups, the Three Beasts and the Jaegers, and her nigh-unmatched military prowess has won the Empire a lot of conquests.

Boomstick: But most of all...she's sadistic. Like, very sadistic. And her rapier seems to be perfect for bringing on the pain, striking at their vitals and ensuring they die a slow, painful death. And that's just one of a kajillion different ways this ice dominatrix can bring the pain!

Wiz: The true reason why Esdeath is such a force to be reckoned with in battle is her Teigu: Demon God Manifestation: Demon's Extract.

Boomstick: This drink is just one of the four Teigu that Esdeath was made to choose from. You see, Teigu are really super powerful and cool-as-sh*t weapons that are supposed to be rare, and having three of them basically cements you as a badass, buuuut seeing as the other three Teigu didn't really float her boat, Esdeath decided on mystery Insaniteigu Number Four!

Wiz: This particular Teigu had not been wielded by anyone. However, several others have tried to drink it-keyword, tried. All of them went insane and killed themselves.

Boomstick: So what does our sadistic ice general do, knowing full well of this? She STRAIGHT UP CHUGS THE ENTIRE THING LIKE HOW I DOWNED THAT LAST PITCHER OF BEER LAST WEEK!