Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)

Devil May Cry vs. Final Fantasy! It's one of the most highly-requested fights in Death Battle history. Will the son of Sparda claim victory, or will the son of Jenova take it from him?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Sometimes, being the son of the greatest evil entity of all time might just prove to have invaluable merits.

Boomstick: Like having silver hair, huge-ass katanas, and really awesome skills! Like Vergil, the son of Sparda.

Wiz: And Sephiroth, the son of Jenova. To ensure no questions are left unanswered, every ability they both have will be represented as faithfully as possible.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

VERGIL

Wiz: Long, long ago, the human and demon worlds were at war. But the war had opened the eyes of one from the demon world, and he stood up for justice. His name was Sparda--

Boomstick: THIS! IS--

Wiz: NO! Are we seriously gonna start with this again?

Boomstick: Awww...

Wiz: *clears throat* Anyway, after separating the human and demon worlds, Sparda married a human woman, and with her had twin children: Dante and Vergil.

Boomstick: Buuuut eight years later, pops died, and the demons he betrayed went out for revenge, murdering mom and separating the twins.

Wiz: With the Sparda family torn apart and the twins separated, each believing the other to be dead, Vergil had no one but himself to blame. To cover this weakness and his failure to avenge his mother, Vergil embraced his demonic heritage and swore to gain absolute power. He also showed disdain for...some cult who worshipped Sparda, and vowed to one day demonstrate to them the true power of the son of Sparda.

Boomstick: With the help of this Kefka knockoff, Vergil planned to break his dad's seal and obtain his power, along with the sweet-ass Sword of Sparda. But Vergil knew he mustn't sit around if he wanted to enact his plan. He became a walking pile of badassery, murdering demons with Yamato, a demon katana that can cut through DIMENSIONS!

Wiz: With Yamato, Vergil utilizes the Iaido fighting style, which allows for precise and controlled sword movements. With this sword style, Vergil can fight using both the blade and the scabbard.

Boomstick: And he must be really f*cking good at what he does, since when Vergil faces a horde of demons, they won't know what hit 'em until Vergil sheathes his blade.

Vergil sheathes Yamato, and the demons around him are suddenly cut to ribbons by a multitude of sword attacks that appear seemingly out of nowhere.

Boomstick: Worth it!

Wiz: Yamato also allowed Vergil access to very powerful techniques. Including the Rapid Slash, a move wherein Vergil rushes his enemies and almost never misses a target; and the devastating Judgement Cut, wherein he slices his opponents from afar multiple times at once.

Boomstick: But even though Yamato is Vergil's favorite demon-killing machine, that didn't stop him from getting other weapons as well. Like a set of gauntlets and greaves known as Beowulf, which he got from a dude named...Beowulf.

Wiz: The Beowulf gauntlets and greaves increase Vergil's punching and kicking power, useful in situations where he is deprived of his weapon...

Boomstick: ...or if he decides "You know what? Screw swords!" and wants to settle things with his fists. But Vergil's deadliest blade is the Force Edge, which he doesn't use that much, really. But what's important is that this big, bad blade can dish out plenty of punishment. And it can even be thrown like a goddamn boomerang!