SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2

(A/N: If you haven't yet, I highly recommend you guys to read the pre-fight analysis first, in the previous chapter. That said, here's the first half of the final fight!)

Wiz: Alright, the true king has been crowned, and the battle for everyone's souls has begun! Let's settle this debate once and for all!

Boomstick: It's time... FOR A DEATH BATTLE!!!!

****

In Between Dreams and Reality...

The youth groaned, as his eyes flickered open. Feeling himself lying on the ground, he bade his muscles to move, and slowly shuffled back to his feet... and the first thing that greeted his eyes was a vast expanse of nothing but blue.

Yet, as foreign as this place was, it all felt familiar to him. It was almost akin to a certain room he used to visit, albeit completely empty...

Where... was this place...?

Suddenly, the youth's head filled with a searing pain, as he fell to his knees, seething. Something was drumming in his conscious... Something powerful, and familiar...

Finally, the pain made the youth let out a short scream that pierced through the empty space, and reached the ears of no one.

No one...

No one...

No one...

...No one...

...No one...?

...No one...?

...

...

...

...

"Welcome back, my guest... to the Velvet Room."

(Cue The Poem for Everyone's Souls - Persona 5 OST)

Suddenly the pain left the youth's head. What...

As his vision cleared, the young man of short black hair shuffled back to his feet, looking straight ahead at the new occupant of the room...

Room?