6~Elijah

He finds you in the store buying loads of food and sweets. But the tears come all too fast.
---------------------------------------------------------

We, me and my family, are hosting the Mikealson Ball tonight and Niklaus wants everything to perfect. And of course someone had to go and screw it up. They forgot something or got something wrong. My brother would not stop yelling until it was fixed so I left to fix the mistake.

I figured if I knew my brother he would want extra stuff. So I roam the isles looking for items that would properly suit him. And of course it is not a party without sweets and drinks. Everyone is going to be at the ball. Even Caroline. Which is probably why Klaus is so nervous.

Nothing breaks my heart more than seeing someone I care about in pain. Whether it be physical or emotional or mental pain. I heard the sniffles a few isles over and thought nothing of it of course. Until I reached the isle that had all the drinks. Just across the way was (Y/N) grabbing random books of the shelf and throwing them into her already full cart.

(Y/N) isn't one to drink, so she drowns herself and her sorrows in ice cream and sweets. Just food in general. I listened closer to see what she was mumbling under breath. She was saying, "I don't understand. I just don't understand. Stay out of the way. You're only human. Damn right I'm human."

Sounds like something Damon would say. Sure he could've said it with the best of intentions, but he can be very harsh sometimes.

"Matt gets to go. I've never been to a ball before. Let alone any dance."

(Y/N) just moved into town about a couple of months back. We all tried to figure out what her 'deal' was, but she beat us to it. To this day she still hasn't told us how she knew/knows about the supernatural world. Because she is so new to town, none of us have seen her cry. But now, the tears just kept on coming. I'm pretty sure she was MAD at them all for not letting her go to the ball. From where I was standing, her tears didn't look like tears of anger.

I grab the last of the items that I think we might need. And I walked over to (Y/N).

"Darling, are you alright?" I ask as sincere as I can.

She quickly goes to wipe away her tears and fix herself. She tried to keep herself calm. I could see it, but she gripped the grocery cart hard turning her knuckles white. I reach for her arm and she turned and wrapped herself in my chest. I held her close as she cried.

Screw the ball. My brother will throw more. I picked (Y/N) up bridal style and carried her out of the store.

"I've got you. Don't worry. Let it all out. I've got you darling."

No one hurts the people I love. No one.

A/N: It's terrible!! I know!! I'm sorry! Vote, comment, and request!! Love ya!!!