9~ Alaric

Kai stabs you at Alaric and Jo's wedding instead of Jo
-------------------------------------------------

You, Damon, and Alaric had been the best of friends since you have first arrived in town. Matt had introduced you to everyone and you bonded well with Damon and Alaric. But Matt was still your number one friend.

Damon called these weekly drinking feasts at the Grill with Alaric twice a week. Than Damon decided to invite you along. Only one small problem. You don't drink. So you became their designated sober driver. So they didn't get into anymore trouble then they already were in. If they were in any.

The three of you had gotten super close. So close that you actually started to fall for Ric. But every time he was always with someone else. And it broke your heart. It was first Elena's birth mom. Than Jenna. And now it was Jo. Of the Gemini Coven. Her twin brother Kai was locked in a prison world until Damon and Bonnie let him out. That was not their fault. Kai had tricked them.

You had missed Damon. And Ric had just come back from the dead too. For a while it was just you and that sucked. Damon started to spend all of his time elsewhere. Saying that it was no fun for their drinking fun anymore. At least without Ric it wasn't fun.

And when Ric did finally come back. Damon didn't. But now everyone was back and alive and healthy and kicking and you couldn't be happier. Except for the fact that Ric was now in love. Again. With Jo Parker. You wanted to hate her so much. You really did. But each day you saw her, you realized how perfect she was.

You couldn't hate her even if she tried. And than she was pregnant. With Alaric's babies. Yes babies. Twins. Runs in Jo's family. Kai was still running around after killing Luke and taking Jo's powers. Ric and Jo decided to get married. With Kai still running around.

You hated the idea but you had to support your best friend. It was the only reason you were doing it. Jo had asked you to be a bridesmaid. Because she knew how much it would mean to Ric if you were in the wedding. And because of that you couldn't say no.

The wedding came closer and the days went by so slow. Until the day of the wedding. Kai was planning on killing his sister. And than himself. Killing the entire coven. But no one knew this.

You were most definitely human, don't get me wrong. But your eyes could see things that no one else could see. And as Ric and Jo were saying their vows. You saw Kai. Just barely. But you saw him. He came closer and closer to Jo. With a knife in his hand getting ready to stab her.

As long as he is happy you thought. You stood in front of Kai behind Jo and you were the one to take the blow. A stab wound to the stomach. And than a twist of the knife. Making the pain worse.
"Man. This isn't who I wanted to stab. But you'll do. You mean something to someone." Kai had said as you hunched over his shoulder before you were thrown to the side.

Everyone was already taking their place protectively in front of Jo. But Ric ran to your side as you coughed up blood. 3 liters of blood is in the human body. You never really think about how much that is until it is all over the floor and your dress.

Ric held you in his arms and looked at you. You slowly moved your hand up to his cheek and spoke your finally words. The words that you had always thought to yourself. "I love him. He may not love me. As long as he is happy. That is enough."

Your head turned to the side and your dead eyes caught a glance at Damon's as Alaric's scream pierced through the entire room.