8~Matt

The two of you first meet
-------------------------------------------------

Moving was hard. Especially since you were moving cross-country. From the west coast to the east coast. You did not want anything more to do with your home town. After your mom died, and no one did anything about it. You were done.

Making multiple trips to bring all of your stuff from Nevada to Virginia was exhausting. But it was a great thing that this was the last trip. You never had to set foot in that terrible place again. You had officially moved to Virginia.

You loved books. Just loved them. You had almost ten boxes of books that you had collected over the years. And they were still in the boxes in the trailer you were renting. Tip to the wise. Do not fill a box to the top with books. It is the heaviest thing ever.

Just down the street was one Matt Donovan who just got off of work. As he drove past your car, he noticed the puzzled and frustrated look on your face. And at the end of the street he turned around. Parking his car on the opposite end of the street, he saw you and thought that you were the most divine thing he had ever saw.

"Having some trouble moving in?" He asked as he approached your trailer.
"Yeah. Actually. Never fill a box to the top with books. Bad idea." He laughed a little and looked at you smiling. And you couldn't help but smile back.

"Let me help you." He offered. And you were quick to refuse. You didn't want to be a burden to him since he had already looked tired and exhausted from his day. But he didn't listen. He grabbed a couple of books out of one of the boxes and handed them to you. Then went back and got some more for him.

"I'm Matt by the way." He smiled as he set the books down and grabbed the ones in your arms. "Y/N. It's nice to meet you Matt." You said mimicking his smile.

Unloading the books took almost the rest of the day. By the time you were done and had all the books in their proper place it was almost midnight. The two of you had talked about almost everything. You ordered pizza and ate it as you put the books away. Matt had fallen asleep on the carpet. You were about to do the same. Since it's very hard to do stuff on a good full stomach.

Having plopped down next to Matt he opened his eyes and said, " If you'd like to paint the house, I've got a ton of paint. It could be the most colorful home ever."
You smiled and yawned at the same time. Nodding your head in approval, the two of you passed out on the floor. And it was the most comfortable the two of you had slept in a long time.