17~Alaric

This is a part two to imagine number 9. Hope y'all enjoy!!!
------------------------------------------------
Damon's POV

I killed him. I killed Kai as soon as I got my hands on him. My best friend died. Her dead eyes bore into mine. It made me sick. So I killed him. I wasn't going to let him take anyone else from me. I haven't seen Ric since the wedding. It technically never finished so Jo and Ric aren't married yet. But I have a feeling that they will elope soon.

I visit (Y/N)s grave everyday. It's been about two months since it all happened. I'll sit down and talk to nothing hoping that she is there listening. I drink a bottle of bourbon and force myself not to cry. I mean don't get me wrong I love Elena and all of that but (Y/N). She's been my. Eat friend for years. She has always been there. No matter what happens. She would give her life to protect those that she cared about. And that is exactly what she did. She gave her life so Jo and the babies could live. So they could be happy.

I threw my bourbon bottle at a tree.

"How could you leave like that? I don't think you understand the amount of pain we are all in. Alaric and I in more pain than the others. Why'd you do that?" I cried as I stood up.

"Why?"

Alaric's POV

I haven't slept. I haven't eaten. I haven't move. Jo was still pregnant. She and the babies were growing everyday. And I'm missing it. All because my best friend decided that her life wasn't as important and got herself killed. How does something like that happen.

"Hey Ric." Jo said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"It hurts. I know. I'm so sorry. I wish I could do something to help you."

She moved my head so it was on her lap. I was too weak to care or move it back. So I laid there. Absorbing her warmth and started to cry. She tried her best to soothe me but it wasn't working very well. My best friend gave her life so that my fiancé and children could live.

"I know you loved her. I would deny that. I am grateful to her everyday. Not a day has gone by where I don't pray and thank her for what she did. No matter how terrible. She is a hero. She has the purest heart. A heart of the truest believer. You should cherish her memory. Not mourn."

"I know. It just hurts so much."

Your POV

Tip to the wise. You know that you have unfinished business on Earth when you're a ghost. You can't really be at peace. You're just wandering around. Not able to touch anything. Or talk to anyone. But you can see anything and everything happening.

And I was seeing my friends falling apart. They were all so shaken up about my death. But I guess that's to be expected. I mean I did die. I was a little shocked at first. When I was looking at my body. And seeing my two best friends crying. I hated seeing them cry. But I had to do it.

I saw Kai. He was going to destroy something good. I couldn't have that. I saw Bonnie and how she found a way to kill Kai without killing the Gemini coven. I saw Kai's death. I saw Damon push everyone away. I saw Ric do nothing but lie in bed.

Everyone was having a meeting about what had happened. The Mystic Falls gang, as I like to call them, always has meetings. But this one. This one I was almost positive that it would be about me. I made my way to the Salvatore boarding house and went through the door. (Yes literally). I could hear them talking and Damon yelling. Even out of bed Ric was so out of it. He didn't seem to care about life at all anymore.

I sat down in one of the chairs. And listened. Someone asked how and if there even was a way to bring me back. It got quiet. I said that you could wish really hard. But as usually no one heard me. Jeremy turned around and walked to the kitchen. As he got a drink he said into his cup say that again. I looked at him and said,"You could wish really hard."

He nearly choked on his water. Damon yelled at him to clean it up and he did just that. He walked back to the group with a pale face. As if he had just seen a ghost. Oh wait. He did. Me. He saw me. I walked over to where Jermey was sitting and I started to rummage my hands through his hair. He had to do the same thing to make it as if he was doing it.

I nearly died again. If that's even possible. But this time of joy and happiness. I was jumping up and down like a maniac. I collected myself and smacked Jermey upside the head. And said,"Tell them I'm here. Tell them I've been here. Since I died. I'm stuck! Tell them Jermey!"

Ric finally spoke up and said,"Maybe she's at peace. Maybe we shouldn't bring her back."

"She's not."

I jumped with joy as everyone looked at Jermey.

"At peace. She's not."

I was screaming and jumping. I was excited that someone could see and hear me I didn't care I was dead anymore. Jermey turned around and yelled at me.
"Would you stop that?! I told them you're here and not at peace! Can you just stop with the screaming!"

I went and smacked him upside the head again. And everyone saw Jermey's head jolt forward. Out of them all. I got to say. I think Damon and Ric were the most surprised. I love a good plot twist.

The next couple of weeks everyone was trying their hardest to find spells or ways to bring me back. If I did come back, I wouldn't be surprised if Jermey wasn't there to welcome me back. If I were in his shoes, I would've been annoyed at me too

One day I was sitting on Jermey's bed. Just kinda chilling. When I went up and went to the bathroom. You see, ghosts can't do that. I sat back down on the bed and for the first time in three months I said,"Ugh! I'm starving! Let's go get something to eat!" Jer and I looked at each other and we both ran out the door. We ran to the Salvatore boarding house as fast as we could.

We burst through the doors and just as Damon was about to yell what was going on. I tackled Ric and Damon to the floor. I have the both a heart attack and it was awesome! And it was so funny to see their faces. We stood up and we all hugged each other. I was so excited the I was jumping and running and I just couldn't control myself anymore! I was alive yet again!!!!

We all hugged again and Ric said,"Don't you ever do something like that again. Or else."

That must've been the best day of my life.