Chapter 4

In the Loft

Evelina walked home after having a deep conversation with Killian Jones. The pirate had told her the story of how he lost his big brother to the Neverland realm. Liam Jones had died, thanks to Peter Pan, according to Hook.

Evelina felt sorry for Killian.

And felt even more hatred towards Pan.

She had never felt so afraid yet so much anger towards a single person. She felt like a small, enraged Chihuahua and it was not a good mix for the young girl. She tried her best to push her feelings away.

So there Evelina was, walking back to the loft where she assumed she would be scolded by the Charming's for not going straight home as she told them she would. She took a deep breath as she prepared herself for the yelling match about to happen. Evelina flipped her hair over her shoulder as she approached her home. She glanced around in a cautious matter before stepping inside the building.

What she didn't notice was a blond boy watching her from afar as she disappeared from his sight.

~

"I can't even begin to-"

"I'm sorry," Evelina mumbled once more. David shook his head as he paced the room.

"Keep pacing, your legs will fall off..." Evelina quirked. She quickly averted her eyes when David glared down at her.

"You know someone could have seen you. Someone could have taken you! Pan doesn't know you're in town! I don't think he even knows who you are!" He exclaimed as he resumed his pacing.

"And I would like to keep it that way!" David continued.

"I'm pretty sure he knows someone entered Storybrooke when I crossed the town line," Evelina responded and David glared at her even more while Snow diced carrots in the kitchen.

"We ate soup yesterday," Evelina whined as she watched Snow throw the carrots into the boiling pot she had running on the stove.

"And the day before that," Henry complained afterward.

"And the day before that," Emma finished as she passed by. Snow huffed and gave them all an annoyed look before returning to her dish. Evelina leaned over to her.

"If we could just go to Granny's and-"

"It's dark and dangerous! We already went out today, we shouldn't risk anymore," David sat down on a chair and Evelina scrunched her nose as a bowl of soup was placed before her.

"You know, I wasn't alone when I was at the docks," Evelina said when she noticed David was still peeved with her.

"Hook was there too so if Pan did-"

"Oh, that makes me feel so much better! You were with the one-handed pirate! He'll save you for sure!" David said sarcastically as he dipped his spoon into the vegetable soup and began eating angrily.

"He's not that bad. If it came down to it, I'm sure he would protect Evelina with everything he's got," Emma said as she placed her own bowl at the table.

"You're just saying that because you like him," Evelina teased with a cheeky smile. Emma's eyes widened and she gaped at the little Frost.

"I was backing you up, you traitor! And I do not like him!" Emma protested but her cheeks said otherwise. Evelina smiled into her food and started eating, gagging at the heat that steamed off the soup.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, neither of you are allowed to like anyone, understood?" David suddenly said and Evelina shot a glance at Emma who glared at her, and Henry awkwardly moved his soup around with his spoon.

"I don't like where this is going," he mumbled and Emma turned to him with a stern face.

"If I'm not allowed to like anyone, neither are you, kid," she said and Henry raised an eyebrow at his mum.

"I don't even-"

"No excuses!"

"But-"

"I won't hear it, Henry!"

"Oh my god, I'm going mad in here."

"All the best people are already mad, my dear friend," Evelina said as she remembered her friend, the Mad Hatter, saying something along those lines once. In Storybrooke, his name was Jefferson and he had an adorable little girl named Grace, which Henry helped him get back after the horrid separation of the Evil Queen's curse. Evelina was quite fond of the man, and she won't deny she was fairly attracted to him. Of course, she knew he was way older than her, so she kept her dirty crush to herself.

Apart from her little crush, the reunion between Jefferson and his daughter was one of the many examples that convinced Evelina that if you have even a small ounce of hope, it will take you far and good will always win.

But at that moment, Evelina was beginning to question if there was any hope left that hadn't been destroyed by Peter Pan.

~

"The only thing good that has come out of this is that I don't have to go to school," Henry said the next morning as he ate a bowl of oatmeal with Evelina.

"Your grandmother is a school teacher... what makes you think she won't still make you do stuff?" Evelina asked between bites. She watched amusingly as Henry's eyes widened and he turned to Emma.

"Mom, I think I want to go spend the day with Regina," he said and Evelina chuckled as Emma scrunched her eyebrows together. Just as she was about to snap at her son, Emma heard a loud knock at the door.

Emma's body stiffened and glanced at Evelina and Henry.

"Henry, go upstairs now," she commanded and he didn't even try to fight with her as he ran up the stairs. Evelina turned to Emma with a frightened expression.

"Emma do you think...?" She refused to finish her sentence.

"I'm not taking my chances," Emma whispered as another knock filled the room.

"Evelina, hands up," Emma commanded and Evelina stood in front of the closed door with her hands up, ready to strike with ice if it was an intruder.

Emma stood next to her in the same position. The Savior glanced at Evelina before gesturing towards the door.

"Ready?"

"Yes," Evelina responded before Emma flicked her wrist and the door swung open.

Only to reveal the pirate who was staring at the floor with interest.

"Bloody hell!" He exclaimed loudly when he looked up and saw both girls ready to kill him. Emma and Evelina dropped their arms and crossed them as the captain walked in and shut the door.

"We thought you were one of the Lost Boys or Pan," Emma said and Killian scoffed.

"If I was one of the little devils I wouldn't be so kind as to knock on the door," he replied as he glanced around.

"Henry! Come down, it's just the one-handed pirate!" Evelina yelled for the young boy to come back down. Hook glared at Evelina.

"One-handed pirate? Really?"

"David's words, not mine," ahe replied with a smirk. Killian let out a loud huff before sitting down.

"I thought I was warming up to the fellow. Stubborn one, isn't he?"

"He told me I wasn't allowed to like anyone. He even said the same thing to Emma," Evelina informed and Killian smirked towards the Savior. But Emma was purposely not looking his way.

"Then she said the same thing to Henry," the young girl continued and the captain chuckled. He ran his hand over his silver hook and looked up to Evelina.

"Dark One's coming along soon. He has important news and everyone's gathering here later."

"How bad is the news?"

"Bad enough for the Dark One to summon everyone up together."

*unedited*