Chapter 14

Evelina the Stress Eater

Evelina was a stress eater. Whenever stress seemed to get to her, not only did she lose control of her ice powers, she also ate her worries away.

So there she sat, at Granny's Diner, eating chili cheese fries with a giant soda, all while thinking of everything that had gone wrong in her life.

Pan, Regina, Snow, the town, her powers...

Peter Pan had ruined everything for her. Everything.

Including her diet.

"Anything else I can get you, sweetie?" Granny asked her as she walked towards her. Evelina shook her head.

"No thanks, Granny... On second thoughts can I have a cheeseburger, no pickles, no onions to go, please?" She requested and Granny smiled.

"Fries?"

"You know it," Evelina responded while giving a small smile. Granny walked away to fulfill the orders of the small girl while Evelina mentally scolded herself.

She was a disaster, both actively and emotionally. It didn't help that the entire pressure of Pan was on her shoulders. Everyone seemed to think she was at fault for Pan having such an interest in her. Others, like Rumpelstiltskin, believed this was a way to get close to Pan to know his secrets.

Regina thought the same thing. Others, not so much. Many thought Evelina was a threat that they had to get rid of. It wasn't a lovely thought, but it was there, and it scared Evelina.

That's why she was so against the Charmings for wanting her to leave. She thought they had started to believe she was a threat that they had to get away from. It was a complete horror for Evelina to be torn from the closest thing she considered family.

Evelina had a dad, but he was never around. Jack Frost had better things to do than to care for his teenage daughter. He had Guardian duties and Evelina understood. Sure, it bothered her a bit and she would prefer her dad to be around and spend more time with her, but it can't be helped. Evelina had learned to accept the fact that her dad had other responsibilities besides taking care of his daughter.

And Evelina never really had a mother figure until Snow White came into the picture. When Snow first took care of Evelina, Evelina was confused. She didn't know the first thing about having a mother, and then, all of a sudden, she had Snow.

She didn't have a mother, but she had a Snow. And that is just as good.

But for Snow to agree to have them separated was a hit to the heart for Evelina. It wasn't much the thought of her leaving Storybrooke that spooked her, because if she was honest, it was a good idea, but for the Charmings to fully agree in just a day's notice was painful to the young Frost.

"Here you go, Evie, and don't go doing stuff you're not supposed to, sweetheart," Granny said as she handed Evelina her bag filled with food.

"Thank you so much. See you later," she said quickly and gulped down the rest of her drink and walked out of the restaurant. She was instantly greeted by a gust of ice-cold wind, which she had a little fault for it. Her uncontrolled eating habits caused the cold of the weather to increase.

She walked through town with only a light summer dress on. With the ridiculously cold weather, she would've looked strange to anyone else who passed her. But Evelina didn't care. She didn't feel the cold.

"Evelina?" She heard a voice and turned quickly.

"Jøss, Henry, you gave me a scare," she said, all while letting her native tongue slip a bit. Henry grinned at her and then looked to his sides suspiciously. He glanced back to Evelina with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Come on, let's go play somewhere," he said and grabbed Evelina's arm. He began to yank her away towards the docks.

As they neared the docks, Evelina saw the tall familiar pirate standing there. She crooked her head and looked at Henry, who had left her to speak with the captain alone.

"Mind telling me why you had Henry drag me out here when I could be home right now, feeling bad for myself?" She asked and Hook raised an eyebrow at her.

"Didn't Henry tell you? We're going to go on adventure. I'm going to teach both of you how to be a pirate. Just like me," Hook said proudly and looked out to the water smugly. Evie rolled her eyes.

"What? Are we all going to wear eyeliner and chase after pretty blondes?"

Killian turned a beet red and Henry glared at him.

"No! I'm going to teach the two of you how to sail a boat."

~

Emma was at the Sheriff's station, biting the end of her pen as she stared into space. She knew she had to leave soon, for the sun was beginning to set. And the last thing Emma needed was to be caught in the dark with the Lost Boys stalking around. She hasn't encountered them yet, and she feared that when she did, Henry would be with her and in danger.

Her papers were scattered everywhere. Piles of documents were stacked high and she had several empty cups of drinks that she had gulped. Pencils and pens, both broken and still in tack littered her desk and Emma knew she had to clean her work area before it got worst.

She stood up. She started to try her best to organize her papers when she suddenly let out a gasp of pain.

"Dammit," she hissed when she got a paper cut. She scowled at it and watched as drops of blood dripped from her finger and landed on a piece of blank, old paper. Emma stared at it suspiciously. It was an odd piece of ancient paper that just happened to be laying on her desk. But as the blood dripped from her fingers and onto the paper, Emma's eyes widened when her blood was consumed into the paper and began to take a form.

She watched as words appeared on the once blank piece of paper.

Once all her blood had revealed the hidden message, Emma picked up the paper and shoved it into her pockets. She quickly grabbed her keys and switched off all the lights. As soon as the front door to the sheriff's station was closed, Emma ran straight home.

She didn't want to encounter one of the Lost Boys.

Not while she held onto that important piece of paper.

*unedited*