Chapter 17

The Beach

Peter Pan paced around his green and black office. His footsteps echoed through the room, ringing in his ears. He glanced at his desk suddenly. On the desk was a glass case. In it was a single  floating unique snowflake he had acquired the other day. It was hers. It was his obsession.

He had been watching her since the day she returned to Storybrooke. She represented the innocence Pan had lost years ago. It intrigued him. Evelina had rare powers that he had only seen once before. It had a light, pure beauty to it yet it could be the deadliest weapon ever. That got his attention. It didn't help that Evelina was absolutely stunning.

Peter then stopped his pacing and frowned. He grabbed a glass cup and threw it against a wall. Once it collided with the wall, it shattered instantly.

The noise caused Felix to walk in. He looked at the broken glass and back to Pan.

"What'd the wall do to you?" He questioned and Pan scowled. He would've snapped anyone's neck if they would've teased him like that, but this was Felix, his first Lost Boy, his best friend. Pan simply couldn't bring himself to do that.

Not yet, anyway.

"I want to see her," Pan hissed plainly through his teeth. Felix understood who he was talking about and gave a grunt.

"She won't come easily," the blond boy replied, hoping to sway his leader, but all it did was anger Pan.

"Then tie her up and bring her by force!" He screamed but Felix shook his head. He closed the door to the office and walked closer to Pan.

"Listen, you want her to like you right? Or at least, tolerate you... Well, force isn't the way to go here, Pan," Felix said reasonably. Peter stayed silent and allowed the Lost Boy to continue.

"Don't just take her, go to her. It's a better method than kidnapping. Besides, I do believe the Charming's aren't going to let her out of their sights for a while. They've been very clingy with her lately," Felix said and Pan slowly nodded his head.

"Where is she heading to now?"

"The beach."

"Well, then it looks like that's where I'll be this afternoon."

~

Evelina walked slowly down the beach. The waves occasionally hit the bottom of her shoes but she didn't even care that her favorite boots were getting wet. Her head was clouded with thoughts. Many of them revolved around the mysterious message left in Granny's Diner and the other around the letter. She wasn't even close finishing translating that letter, yet Snow insisted she take a break. And though Snow did offer to go on a walk with Evelina, the ice bender believed it was best she go alone. So as she continued alone, the cold fresh winds were actually feeling golden to Evelina. She felt as if the wind was trying to blow her worries away.

It didn't work.

Evelina grew angry with herself and stomped her foot. The stomp was filled with her frustration, anger, and desperation.

She just about had it. She felt as if her head was about to explode at any given moment.

And she almost flipped her crap when she saw Peter Pan suddenly standing before her. She let out a scream and slapped him instinctively.

Her eyes widened when she saw Pan groaning. A red mark had already begun to take place on his cheek. Pan mentally hated Felix for convincing him to try approaching her instead of kidnapping. He knew that if he would have kidnapped her, he wouldn't have risked getting slapped. It was too late now.

It was silent until Pan looked up at Evelina, who still looked mortified, and somewhat satisfied for her harsh hit.

"I was going to say I'm sorry, but then I remembered who you are," Evelina said bravely. She flipped her braid and walked in the other direction. Pan stayed in place for a moment before chasing after the girl.

"A thank you would be nice," he said and Evelina stopped in her tracks and turned to him sharply.

"Thank you for what? I have nothing to be thankful for. Not while you're here, ruining everyone's lives," Evelina snapped and Pan raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't you notice this is the first time I have bothered you in a while?" He asked and Evelina scrunched her face. She began replaying the past days and realized he was right. Pan hadn't talked to her in quite some time. The boy had kept his distance.

"Since the almost traumatizing experience you gave me the other night I would have to say that you could have gone longer without bothering me," she hissed and crossed her arms.

"No need to get your panties in a twist darling," Pan snapped as he watched Evelina begin to walk away again. He followed and this time silence overtook them. Evelina didn't know why she wasn't heading for the hills. She should be trying to get away from Pan, maybe even hit him again.

But she didn't. Instead she cleared her throat before speaking.

"Answer me one thing," she started.

"Depends on the question..." Pan mused and the young Frost stopped completely in her step and turned her entire body to Pan.

"Why exactly are you here?"

~

The boy slowly and painfully opened his eyes and instantly felt scared. He was completely surrounded by darkness. The cold mist hit him hard, and it didn't help that he was lying in the dreaded snow. He was already gaining a cold. He sneezed.

"Over here, your majesty!" He suddenly heard a deep voice yell. The boy gasped in fear but didn't move, for he had lost too much energy and strength. He laid his body back down against the snow and patiently waited for death to consume him. Instead, he heard the clopping of many horses surround him, and heard footsteps approach him quickly.

"It's just a boy!"

"A boy who could very easily be an enemy, your majesty," another deep male voice said.

"Nonsense! Take him back to the castle! Heal him back to health! We shall hear of his story once he can actually speak!" The king said loudly and two guards approached the boy and lifted him off the ground. The boy groaned in pain and even let out a yelp.

"At ease, my boy, you're safe now. No one can harm you while you're under the protection of the king."

*unedited*