Chapter 45

We Are Not Perfect

Jack Frost pushed the door open to Santa Claus' workshop. He was tired from the long trip. His legs were sore and he was constantly checking to make sure he hadn't dropped Pandora's Box. When Jack had seen the workshop come into view, he couldn't be more than happy. He was finally able to get a break. When he stepped into the shop, he then shut the door behind him before turning around. The guardian's eyes slightly widened when he saw all of his other guardian friends standing before him, all with a frown and/or scowl. Jack gulped.

"Where have you been?!" Toothiana, otherwise known as the Tooth Fairy, screeched like a concerned mother and flew right up to Jack's face. She looked around for injuries but found none.

"He was probably out getting himself another girl! Frosthead can't keep it in his bloody pants!" Bunnymund, better known to the children as the Easter Bunny, scowled as he stared at Jack. The boy was about to defend himself when North, also known as Santa Claus, stepped forward and stared down at Jack with his intimidating glare. Jack gulped but didn't say a word.

"I suggest you say something in order to defend your rights, Jack." North growled before backing away. Jack glanced at the mute guardian, the Sandman, for some help but the sleepy gold man decided to stay out of the riot.

"I was in Storybrooke-"

"Oohh! Did you go see Evelina?!" Tooth butted in, suddenly extremely happy with the thought of Jack's daughter. Tooth loved having her around. She often got lonely since all the guardians were boys.

"Yes, I went to see my daughter. The town's been in a bit of trouble-"

"Not Pitch, right mate?"

"No Bunny, not Pitch. Anyways, I won't go into details but I had to bring Evelina with me back. Hope that's alright with you, North." Jack directed the last part to the giant Russian man and he joyously laughed.

"Of course it's alright!" North's voice boomed and he laughed loudly again.

"But uh, where is she?" Jack suddenly realized he hadn't let his daughter out of Pandora's Box and quickly brought the box out of his jacket. Jack fumbled with the box and suddenly flinched when he dropped it onto the hard, cold ground. Jack stared down at the box and clicked his tongue.

"Fuck, I dropped her." He cursed and then mentally slapped himself for saying a bad word.

"Language, Jack!" Tooth scolded when she heard the cursed word. She then turned back to her many little fairies and spewed out many addresses where they had children's teeth to pick up.

Jack quickly picked the box up again and waved his hand over the top of the dark box. Red smoke began to travel out of the box slowly and Jack placed the box carefully on the ground again. The guardians all watched as a figure began to take form out from under the smoke.

In less than seconds, the smoke cleared away, and the pretty yet angry face of Evelina Frost came to be seen.

Evelina Frost didn't know where she stood and where she was only moments ago. All she did know was that she was no lomger in Storybrooke, Maine. And it made her absolutely furious.

Of course the guardians were oblivious to the angry state the ice princess bubbled in, and they crowded her happily. Tooth and her fairies all tugged at her bright platinum hair and tried to see if her teeth were still as white as the glowing snow. When they had let her go, Bunny and Sandy immediatly stepped forward to deliver their hugs. North went for a hug as well, but he scopped Evelina off the ground and nearly squeezed the life out of the poor girl.

"Welcome back, my dear little one!" North boomed with excitement. Evelina wheezed out a thank you before she was put back to her feet again. Her attention then shifted to her father, who stared at his daughter with a somber face.

"I was taken against my will." She stated clearly and firm. Jack hardened his face.

"I'm your father, I call the shots and I decided it was time for you to leave Storybrooke." Jack said in a voice Evelina had never heard before. The girl now knew he was angry. The rest of the guardians also sensed it. Sandy blew out a silent breath and turned to North. He tugged on his pants and North nodded to him.

"We'll uh, let you two be." He mumbled and pushed all of the guardians away. Jack and Evelina were left alone. Evelina narrowed her eyes and got ready to fight.

"Take me back. Now." Evelina seethed and her father scoffed.

"Is that a command, princess Evelina? I completely forgot you were the adult in this situation!" Jack said sarcastically and Evelina's pale skin began to turn red.

"Stop being sarcastic, dad!"

"You stop being an annoying whiny child!" Jack dough back and Evelina crossed her arm.

"I am not being an annoying whiny child!"

"Listen child, I could yell, I could scream, and I could call you names, but one of us has to be the mature one, and it sure as he'll ain't gonna be me!" Jack screamed and Evelina screwed her mouth shut. Jack Frost took it as a sign to continue talking.

"I'm your dad, Evelina, and I call the shots around here and the sooner you understand that you aren't in charge around here, the sooner we can live like a happy perfect family!" Jack yelled and in the rage of his anger, he accidentally froze Dingle the elf.

Snow began to hail down from the ceiling of the workshop and it was clear Evelina was the one behind the snow.

As the two argued for hours on end, it was clear to say by the end of the argument, the workshop was more than frozen.

"We are not perfect, we are anything but perfect! We have ice powers, we never age and we are definitely not the perfect family you say we are!" Evelina yelled at Jack and he growled.

"I know we aren't perfect, but we have-"

Anger was something Evelina wasn't too familiar with. She couldn't contain her thoughts and emotions anymore. And she shouted something that absolutely crushed Jack Frost more than Evelina could ever imagine.

"And I bet you didn't even know that mom was dead!"

"Excuse me?"

*unedited*