Chapter 20

Waiting

Evelina walked against her will through the dark forest. Of all the things she felt, fear was definitely one of them. She didn't trust Pan, she didn't trust him to be a true gentleman with her, and she sure as hell didn't trust him not to harm her. He was in control of her actions, but not her mind or mouth.

"I hate you." She said simply, but with harsh words. Pan didn't seem affected by it, and just gave a huge, smirk.

"You say that now, darling, but you'll come to regret it." He spoke deeply, and she took a deep breath. Evelina knew she wouldn't come to regret those words. In fact, she'll probably embrace them.

Just as Evelina was about to snap back at Pan, she noticed something. She heard the cracks of the leaves on the earth and glanced to her sides. She noticed a rapid, moving object and Evelina suddenly felt more fear. Her fear was so strong, it broke through Pan's spell, and snow began to fall rapidly from the sky. Pan noticed and turned sharply to Evelina, his eyes now dark.

"How did you do that?!" He demanded. His eyes flashed furiously and he waved his hand, letting the girl be free and Evelina was able to move once again. She fell to the floor and gasped for air. She groaned loudly when she felt her muscles and bones ached for help. She laid helplessly on the floor as Pan just stared down at her. He didn't care about her at the moment. He was just desperately wanting an answer of how Evelina managed to break through his powerful spell.

But the ice bender didn't know how to respond. She didn't know what had happened, it just did.

"There was something there, I saw it!" Evelina shrieked as she pointed with a shaking hand towards the forest. Pan raised an eyebrow and glanced back to where she was pointing to.

"Evelina..."

"I swear, Peter, I saw something!" She breathed and suddenly, Pan's face broke into a smirk as he turned around, letting his front face Evelina.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with widened eyes as he continued to stare. Pan suddenly gave a sharp, clear whistle that filled the airs.

"Boys, come out! Come on out and play!" He shouted and almost instantly, about 20 boys burst out from the shadows of the forest and surrounded Evelina and Pan in the clearing. Evelina's snow began to come down harsher once she laid eyes on everyone, and even ice began to form at her feet.

"Boys, meet Evelina. Evelina, meet my loyal followers, the Lost Boys."

~

"Knock, just knock mate." Hook said as he stood behind Henry. Henry glanced back at the pirate with a raised eyebrow.

"But my mom and my other mom-"

"Are having some sort of girl's night, I understand but it's an emergency-" Killian didn't get to finish his sentence for the door suddenly swung open.

There stood Regina with a raised eyebrow, staring down at her son and the captain of the Jolly Roger, and Emma peered out from behind her as she sipped innocently on a margarita.

"What are you doing here, Henry? And why is guy-liner with you?" Regina snapped and Emma quickly looked away when she made eye contact with Killian.

"Evelina's missing!" Henry said, not wasting any time to cut to the chase. Emma began to question why she would even consider leaving Evelina alone at all anymore, and Regina just thought of ways to punish her.

"That girl just cannot be still for one night." She snapped and grabbed her coat as she walked out of her house angerily.

"I'll be back soon. Shouldn't take long to find her." Regina said and Henry and Killian followed close.