Chapter 35

Tears

Peter wasn't going to admit it out loud but he quite enjoyed the silence and peace he had been consumed with once Evelina had left. He couldn't remember the last time he had enjoyed some time off of his evil plans. Even villains need a vacation too. He had been taking a short cat nap when he heard loud sobs approaching the door. He stood up quickly from the bed and looked toward the door in concern, and watched as Evelina ran in.

She was the source of the sobs. Pan had never seen Evelina so upset. He had actually never seen any girl this upset. It made his stomach twist around. Giant tears ran down her cheeks leaving streaks of their presence behind. Her once perfect hair was now dishevelled and hanging in front of her face. Her face was redder than it had ever been and she couldn't even breath properly anymore.

Pan leaped off the bed as she choked on her own cries. He slid in front of her, and his eyes scanned over her in worry.

"Love, I need you to breath." He spoke to her as he pulled on her arms. Evelina fell to the floor, still crying drastically. Pan held her in his hold now as he tried everything to calm the girl down. He shushed her calmly, and soothed her hair out. He rocked her back and forth. The girl simply clutched onto Peter's shirt, as she drenched it with hot tears.

Peter, who had never encountered a girl in such devestation, wasn't exactly sure what to say in that type of situation. He wanted her to stop crying. He wanted her to tell her who had hurt her in such a horrid way that it caused her to be this way. He wanted to see that beautiful smile that had become so rare for Evelina to show nowadays.

"Princess, please try to calm down. So you can at least breath properly again." Peter said trying to get the girls breathing back to normal again. She started to hiccup and for a moment became silent before she let out her wails again. Pan looked up towards the door and feared someone would hear her or worse, step into the room. He shifted the girl's small body and used his free arm to flicker his wrist, making the room sound proof.

He turned back to the still crying snow princess.

"Don't worry baby, I'm here for you. Just let it all out."

~

The room had fallen silent. The only thing that could be heard were the howls of the harsh wind outside. Evelina had fallen asleep in Pan's arms. Peter slowly stood up from the floor and carefully carried her over to the bed. He cautiously put her down and stared at the poor broken girl.

How it hurt him to see her in such a way.

He caressed her hair and wiped away the stray tears that were still fresh on her cheeks. He didn't want to leave her alone when she was in such a vulnerable stage. Pan sat on the other side of the bed. He watched her to make sure she was ok. She began to stir and Pan began to panic. He had never dealed with something like that. He got closer to her and peered curiously at her scrunched up face.

"Evelina, do you need anything, love?"
Peter asked the princess softly. Evelina slightly opened one of her eyes before closing it again.

"Please just hold me."

~

Evelina's life was slowly breaking apart right before her eyes. Everything was crumbling down to her feet and she had no way of stopping it.

Her biggest dream was to met her mother. Her biggest desire was to finally be able to met her face to face and when she had finally gotten so close,

Life had fucked her over. 

Princess, well now Queen, Anna didn't know that without even trying, she had destroyed Evelina's hopes and dreams with simple words.

"She's dead."