Chapter 37

The Attack

The cold wind was definitely picking up now. After two hours of mindlessly talking to his adoptive mum and dad, Peter switched over to Elsa's grave.

He was nervous at first to even approach it, but he did in the end. He stood before it and admired the surroundings of her tombstone.

Many little periwinkle flowers were poking out of the snow. Pan remembered how much Elsa loved those flowers. He instantly used his magic to make the flowers bloom even brighter.

Pan then kneeled down before the stone and examined it.

'Elsa Frost'

To our beloved Queen

May your snow be true and your ice be worthy because
Some people are worth melting for.

Peter slightly frowned when he saw her surname. No, he wasn't in love with her still. He was angry because Peter actually blamed Jack Frost for the death of Elsa.

Where was he during the attack of the castle? Did he simply not care? Was he too busy with other shit than to save his own wife?

The more Pan thought of it, the more he felt like killing Frost.

But then Pan remembered he was a guardian.

And guardians can't die.

No matter how much they deserved it.
Peter didn't stay long. He didn't want to stay long. The longer he sat there, the more he grieved for his lost family. All he had left was Evelina. And he wouldn't deny that was all he needed.

"I love you, my dear family." Pan finally said and stood off the ground. He stared at each tombstone one last time before walking back the way he came from. He remembered oh so long ago when he had thought he had fallen in love with Elsa. But now he realized it wasn't love. At least, not the kind he thought it was. It was a sibling love, one that Pan feared was stronger than what he could have imagined. He felt the same towards Anna, but Pan refused to go see her. He knew what she would say and how she would react. He didn't need to put more pressure on the new queen.

She already believed he was dead.

Anna didn't need any more chaos in her life.

Not after the horrid attack that had occurred that one night.

~

Anna and Elsa giggled as they clicked their champagne flutes. Kristoff came running in with more bottles.

"I only found old champagne in the wine corridors." He said and set them down on the table. Elsa smiled.

"This will do Kristoff." She said and grabbed the three bottles and placed them into a bucket full of ice. The crown that sat on Elsa's head identified her authority around the castle.

"Happy birthday Elsie," Anna said once more before chugging her glass down.

Elsa laughed. The royal family celebrated the queens birthday on their own after the whole kingdom had thrown their beloved queen a party in the town square. Elsa's mind began to wander as she mindlessly watched Anna talk rapidly to her fiance. Elsa began to think about her own husband and even daughter.

Elsa never got to really know her dear Evelina. And she knew she most likely never will. Not unless someone figured out how to once more open Arendelle's realm and allow them to travel freely.

But Elsa always thought of her daughter on her birthdays. And she never forgot how much she loved her little bundle of joy, even though she had to let her go at such an early age.

Arendelle was in a horrid war back when she gave birth to Evelina. She was only a teen and her parents still lived and walked the earth. In order for her parents to keep the kingdoms allies that were helping them throughout the war, they went to Elsa's cousin's wedding, to prove to the other countries they were still strong and mighty even through the dark times.

And in return, they never made it back home.

And the war had ended, along with their lives.

It took a lot out of Elsa's time and energy to recreate Arendelle back to its glorious self. With the great storm during her 21st birthday and a couple of small attackers, the kingdom was fine overall.

And it wasn't until Elsa's 26 birthday that everything went downhill from there.

"My lanterns, it's chilly out there!" Elsa turned towards the voice and smiled widely when she saw her cousin and her husband walking in, shivering from the slight cold that was going on outside.

"Rapunzel, Eugene, come join us for a glass," Elsa said and stood up and grabbed them their own glass. A servant rushed up to the queen and gestured to take the flutes, which Elsa handed over. The servant poured them with ease and handed them over to the newly coronated king and queen of Corona.

Once they had their own glass of preferred Brut, all sat around and told stories and laughed and joked around.

All was well-

"Your majesty! The castle is under attack!" A guard yelled as he slid into the hall where they all sat. Elsa wasted no time and stood up, picked up the top skirt of her dress, and rushed after the guard.

"Kristoff, Eugene, take them to the basement! There you'll find the castle corridors that will lead you to the town square! Here!" Elsa stopped and formed an ice key with her magic. She shoved it into Kristoff's hands and he waited for the rest of his queen's instructions.

"Take Anna to safety. Get all of them out of here And to the North Mountain.  Tell Oaken I sent you. And don't come back." Elsa said sternly before she turned on her heel and began to rush towards the three guards that had gathered.

"You three! Go with them and secure their safety!" She commanded and they bowed their heads slightly before mumbling a 'yes your majesty!'

"Elsa no, wait!" Anna screeched after her older sister and tried to reach for her but Kristoff was prepared and had a grip on his girlfriend's waist already. Elsa turned back to glance at Anna before giving her a reassuring smile.

"Don't fret, Anna. I'll be fine. I'll come and find you as soon as the problem has diminished. But please go with Kristoff." Elsa said in a soothing voice. But Anna was stubborn.

"But Elsa-"

"That is an order from your queen, Anna!" Elsa finally snapped. Anna fell silent but obeyed. She nodded her head.

"You promise to find me again."

"I promise, Anna. Take Olaf with you. I swear I'll be alright and everything will be back to the way things were." Elsa's voice was so sure of everything she said that, for a slight moment, Anna believed her. She and Kristoff, along with their cousins, the talking snowman, and the guards ran off to the secret halls that were created when the castle was first built for emergencies.

Elsa took a deep breath and turned back to the guards before beginning to speed walk towards the entrance of the castle.

"Tell me, who exactly is stupid enough to haul an attack on a castle at this time of night?" Elsa snapped and the guard took a deep breath before speaking.

"It's that one prince from the Southern Isles, your majesty. Prince Hans."

*unedited*