Chapter 33

"How Do I Look?"

Evelina and Pan stood in an awkward silence, and anyone could cut the tension with a butter knife. Evelina nervously twiddled her fingers and waited for Pan to say something.

"I'm sorry." Evelina decided to say. Pan suddenly snapped his head towards her.

"Why are you here? Might I add I could kill you whenever I feel like it?" He hissed angrily. Evelina gulped and looked down at her lap.

"But you won't, will you?" She tested him. It was silent for a moment before Pan gave a sigh and shook his head.

"You are to be punished when we return to New Neverland. And we will be leaving this god forsaken place immediately." Pan snarled and walked towards the door. Evelina's eyes widened and she jumped up to stop the boy. She grabbed his hand in order to stop him. Pan wouldn't admit he felt a tingling flow through him. He scowled even harder to cover for his uncomfortablness.

"No, please, Peter, I need to meet my mother. Please, let me meet her." Evelina pleaded and Pan growled at her before yanking his arm away.

"What for?! You'd think if she actually cared about you, she would've come to meet her only daughter, don't you?" He snapped and Evelina's face dropped. Her eyes lost that special gleam they always seemed to have and the room became noticeably colder. Pan instantly regretted the words he had said but knew he could not take them back.

"I'm sure she has a good reason. It must not be easy running a kingdom." Evelina whispered softly as she tried her hardest not to let the tears flow out of her blue eyes. Pan wanted to walk closer to her but refrained from doing so. Silence consumed both of them now, and it was Pan who finally gave into Evelina's pleads.

"You have until half past noon. We leave not a moment later. Understood?" He said harshly and Evelina nodded, suddenly becoming a bit more happy.

"Thank you so much." She said before throwing herself onto Peter. She gave him a tight hug and Pan knew not how to respond. He simply stood there, as stiff as a twig before he managed to croak out,

"You're welcome."

~

Evelina paced the room as she checked her hair in the mirror for the fifth time. Peter Pan rolled his eyes as he watched the girl panic a little more each with passing minute.

"You look fine." He groaned out as he threw himself onto the bed and gave another groan.

"Fine isn't enough!" Evelina snapped and walked back to the mirror and smoothed out the skirt of her dress and fixed her braid once more. Pan watched as she once again dissolved her already perfect braid to try and get a better perfect braid. Her dainty fingers quickly paced through her hair and Pan was left amazed at how quickly she moved her fingers around.

He cleared his throat and rubbed his temple.

"Just go Evelina, before I change my mind." He snapped and the small girl took one last deep breath before she nodded.

"Yes you're right." She mumbled and turned away from the mirror to look at Pan. He was still stretched out on the bed. He had his eyes closed and his face was relaxed. Evelina smiled unconsciously before clearing her throat. She caught his attention and he peeked open one of his eyes. Evelina smiled even wider and she took another deep breath.

"I'll be back soon." She managed to breath out. Peter nodded and closed his eyes again.

"Good luck, love." He said. Evelina walked over to the door and stood in front of it. As she reached out for the door knob, she kept taking more deep breaths.

"Here I go." She repeated and Pan hummed back before responding.

"Alright."

"Off to meet my mother."

"I know."

"Kinda exciting."

"Very much, love."

"Going to meet my mother."

"I'll be here waiting."

Snow began to float down from the ceiling. A single snowflake landed on Peter's nose. With his eyes still closed, he scrunched his nose until he gave a light sneeze and he opened up his green orbs. He was surprised to see many tiny little flakes floating down, the amount increasing as time passed by. Pan hoisted himself onto his elbows to look at Evelina.

He was worried when he saw her sniffing her nose, being on the verge of tears.

"Evelina, you alright there love?" He whispered and Evelina nodded her head before wiping away her tiny tears.

"It's a scary thing, don't you think?" Evelina mumbled and glanced at the room around her. She saw the snow drifting down and she glared at the snow. She flicked her wrist, making the snow disappear.

"You're right. It terrifies me to go out there and for her to reject me. I don't think I'll be able to completely handle it. I don't think anyone will be able to handle any of this." She snapped and frowned. She was furious at herself for being such a milksop.

"I'm a coward. A bloody feiging!" She snapped. Pan finally stood up and walked over to her.

"You're not a coward." He said calmly.
Peter Pan hesitated before he took Evelina's hand. Her hand was clamy from her nerves. Sweat had completely taken over her hands. As soon as Pan had taken her hand, Evelina's grip had clutched onto his. He became stiff, but Evelina was beginning to hypervent. She didn't even notice Peter's discomfort.

"No, no, no, no, no, no I give up, I can't do this, take me home, take me back to Stroybrooke." Evelina began to breath heavily. She began to yank on his arm towards the window and struggled to budge Pan.

Pan didn't even have the energy to snap at her that it was New Neverland, not Storybrooke.

He didn't have the energy to deal with Evelina's ramblings either. He knew that if he took her back to New Neverland she would end up coming to regret never taking the chance to meet her mother. Pan didn't want her to meet her mother. Pan didn't want Evelina to stay in Arendelle any longer than necessary. Yet there he was, about to take a deep breath to convince Evelina to go downstairs.

"I'll be here when you get back love. I promise." He whispered into her ear as he pulled her in for a hug. Evelina nodded slowly. Pan felt a wet spot on his shoulder and he knew it was Evelina's fallen tears. He didn't pull away and relaxed into her touch, as she did to his.

Evelina sniffed a couple more times before she pulled away.

"Ok. Ok, I'm going. How do I look?" She asked and Pan looked up to her.

The young girl's eyes were rimmed with red and were puffy due to all her crying. Her hair was now dissolved because of all her tugging at her hair. Her eyes on their own were also red and she looked as if she hadn't slept in days. Her posture was stiff and she looked as if she had committed a first degree murder.

Yet Pan couldn't think she still looked absolutely stunning.

He smiled before he pulled her closer to him and gave her one last hug.

"You look ravashing, my love."

*unedited*

It says this book has reached #291 in fan fiction and I honestly can't help but feel like they're lying to me.

I think there are better, more popular, and way more noticeable books out there than mine, so it's really hard for me to believe my book has reached #291.

I think Wattpad just pity's me.

There's nothing worse than a pity number.

But if it is true, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL!