Chapter 21

The Forest

Evelina had never been so afraid for her life until that very moment. And she had no choice but to believe and trust Pan that the savage boys wouldn't bring any harm to her, even though they were practically animals.
She walked slowly a bit behind Pan as a couple boys were behind her, probably standing there in case she decided to run. As they continued to stalk through the woods, Evelina spotted a couple of floating lights in the leaves of the trees. She squinted up at then and suddenly gasped when a couple of them began to move.

"Fairies..." She mumbled, and thought nobody had heard her. But someone did.

"Yes, fairies. Nasty little pests if I'm being honest." She heard and Evelina turned her head slightly to see a Lost Boy next to her. He had blue eyes, brown somewhat shaggy hair, and a tall, lean figure. He had a mischievous smile and a playful twinkle in his eyes. Evelina would had deemed him boyfriend material if he hadn't worked for the cruelest man she had the misfortune of meeting.

"Fairies aren't pests, they're a friend to nature. They make all natural things grow, of course." She said, feeling proudly for the wonderful things the fairies had done. The boy scoffed and Evelina backed up in shock.

"Who the hell told you that bloody lie? And a sloppy one at that!" He exclaimed. He wasn't looking at her, and instead concentrated on the path before him. Evelina grew pink with frustration.

"It's not a lie, it's a fact! All fairies have a purpose in life for they are born whenever a child's first laugh is heard." Evelina recited and the Lost Boy continued to look at her as if she had lost her mind.

"Not all fairies are all sugar and cream, little Frost, some of them are darker than the night itself. You just have to know the difference between them, for they all look exactly the same." He said before he turned his head towards the young princess.

Her eyes swarmed with confusion, and even looked a little hurt by what he had said. Evelina's big blue eyes had widened ever so slightly and she looked like a fragile doll as she continued to stare ahead and walk. The boy felt a tug at his heart when he saw her reaction.

"I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts more, but you can always learn from it, just as much as you can learn from a lie." The boy said and waited for a response from Evelina. When she didn't give him one, his smile somewhat flattened but he quickly covered it with a smirk and extended his hand out to Evelina.

"I'm Sebastian, but everyone around here calls me Bash." He introduced himself and Evelina finally looked at him. He continued to walk with his hand stuck out. Evelina finally decided to be a lady with manners and accepted his hand shake firmly.

"Evelina Frost, pleased to meet you." She said officially and slightly bowed her head in respect. She was taught at a young age that a girl must always show kindness when it be shown back. And that her manners were never to be forgotten. But all Sebastian did was laugh loudly. Evelina was left in a baffled state as she watched the boy find her amusing, and she blushed a deep red.

"No need for formalities, princess." He said and Evelina scrunched her nose. It had been so long since she was called princess by someone.

Evelina was certain it wasn't a pet name Sebastian had granted her, but probably he was just inquiring her status. As the daughter of the queen of Arendelle she was in fact a princess, one that was far, far, far away from her homeland.

"But I-" Evelina started but Pan suddenly cut her off and called out to her.

"Evelina. Come here." He commanded while glancing over his shoulder. Evelina didn't feel like protesting against him, and obeyed. She walked up to his side and glanced at him from the corner of her eye. His face was hardened and his body stiff. It was obvious he was bothered by something, and Evelina assumed he was jealous that she had been talking to Sebastian.

"What do you want? You can't expect to pull me away from a conversation and then all of a sudden, not say a word." She snapped and crossed her arms. He still didn't respond and Evelina gave a huff. She peered down at her dress and noticed there shoes getting slightly dirty from walking on the dirt.

"We're here." Pan said with no emotion. Evelina looked around and gave a frown.

"Where are we?" She asked curiously, and glanced around. She noticed a small table in front of her in the small forest clearing. She saw a small table with a red table cloth and a single long candle in the middle that was lit up. It had two velvet chairs, one on each side, and two plates of Evelina's favorite dishes. In the trees around, little yellow lanterns were hanging about, giving off a pretty yellow gleam. There were little fireflies as well flying around, and a great delicious aroma that came from the food.

Evelina stared at the table in surprise. She didn't believe that was in front of her. She figured she must be hallucinating. But she soon came to learn she wasn't. Evelina turned to Pan, her eye wide and her mouth gaping.

"Wha... what's going on?" She questioned. Pan finally lost his stern face and gave a small genuine smile. He didn't say anything as he walked over to the table and grabbed a bottle of champagne from the bucket of ice. He grabbed a champagne flute and poured the drink.

He handed it to Evelina and gave a sly wink.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Evelina."

*unedited*