Chapter 42

Plans

Panic and dread were running through Evelina's veins as the two teenagers ran to the mayor's office. Pan knew they wouldn't stay there long. As they ran, Evelina left a trail of ice behind her because she was so afraid. It was obvious her family and friends weren't going to let her run away with a monster, so Pan had to act quickly.

He never expected Evelina to say yes. And he never thought she would really evr want to run away with her.

Peter Pan never ran away from anything. He had everything he needed. A new island, prisoners, and his lost boys.

But Pan knew it was either all of that
and no Evelina, or he gets Evelina, and no New Neverland.

It was a hard choice but Pan knew what he wanted.

So there he was climbing up the stairs of City Hall with Evelina's hand in his, running to get his things so they could leave together.

As Pan opened the door to the Mayor's office, the two boys he had left there before were still sitting there. And both looked confused.

"Look, it's the ice cream maker!" Sebastian said when he saw Evelina walk in. Evelina narrowed her eyes at the boy and crossed her arms.

"I am not an ice cream maker." She said with a pout and Sebastian shook his head with laughter.

"Whatever keeps you happy, Ice Princess." He said with a chuckle. The boy laid down on the couch and gave a sigh. Felix was by the desk and Peter began to look furiously through the drawers of his desk.

"I believe I left the hat in the sorceors home..." Peter mumbled and sighed.
He looked to Evelina and gave a grim smile.

"I need to go somewhere. I won't be long but I want you to wait here with Felix and Sebastian." Peter said and Evelina nodded.

"Don't take long please." Evelina whispered with a soft smile. Peter gave her a reassuring smile and turned to the two lost boys with a stern face.

"You two. Make sure she stays safe. I won't be long." Peter snapped and then walked out of the Mayor's office. Evelina turned to the boys and raised an eyebrow at them.

"What do you two do for fun?"

~

Evelina scowled at Bash who kept poking her side.

"Stop you're distracting me!" Evelina whined and looked back to the object before her. She finally rolled the dice.

She got a four. Evelina gave a frustrated groan and moved the little silver dog across the game board. Evelina landed on a community chest and grabbed a card and frowned when she read it.

"Go directly to jail." She snapped and gave a loud groan again and moved her little character to behind the bars.

"I hate this game." Evelina mumbled as she stared down at the Monopoly board game. Evelina had played this game for hours with Henry and Emma once, and ever since she had never had she dared play it again. Yet there she was playing the dreaded game again. Evelina despised the game for the simple reason she was never good at it. She always ended up going bankrupt.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at the board and landed on some unclaimed property.

"Uh... I'll take it. Here." Bash said and threw the money toward the banker, who was Felix. The blond boy counted the money and sighed.

"I'm getting quite bored." Felix said and Evelina nodded as well. She picked herself off the floor and walked over to the window. She half expected to see Pan already walking back to her. A small smile creeped onto her face just at the single thought. But her eyes suddenly widened when she realized that wasn't the case.

"Felix! Bash! Rumpelstiltskin's here!"

~

Some Time Earlier...

"What do you mean She's gone?!" Jack Frost screamed angrily when Hook walked back inside Regina's house. Regina growled and crossed her arms.

"Of course she runs off with the demon!" She snapped. Regina was furious.

"Why would she kiss him?! She's not allowed to kiss anybody! We had a deal!" Charming exclaimed as he paced back and forth. He was just as worried as everyone else. But it seemed as if he still couldn't wrap his head around the whole situation. David considered Evelina his other daughter. He had raised Evelina since she was a child. He didn't want the girl to grow up. It was an issue he had discovered and he knew he had to overcome. When Evelina's real dad, Jack Frost, returned to town to take his daughter with him, David began feeling jealous. Of course, he knew Evelina wasn't technically his daughter, but it seemed as if the entire Charming family had grown attached to the little ice maker.

"We have to find her." Emma mumbled. Everyone mumbled in agreement but the front door suddenly opened. In walked Rumpelstiltskin, with a cubed object in his hand. He stood proudly.

"The chances of you getting Evelina back from Pan are never to never. You need a plan." he said slowly and Snow scoffed.

"And what? You have a plan?" Snow asked with a slur, still drunk with a buzz. Rumple raised his eyebrow at her but continued speaking.

"The only way you're going to stop Pan is by taking the one thing he loves the most away from him." Rumple said and Hook looked up.

"He doesn't love her. That devil boy doesn't know how to love." The pirate growled and Rumple nodded with no interest.

"Besides all that, it truly seems like he won't let Evelina go so easily. Pan is at the point where he would do anything to keep her around." Rumple said and then brought out the object that he was holding. It was an ancient box that nobody, but Regina , had seen before. When it was brought out, Regina's blood turned cold and she hissed at it and stood up with a scared force.

"Get that thing out of my house!" She screamed at Rumple as she eyed it with an evil yet scared glare. Everyone suddenly felt suspicious of the object the Dark One carried. If it was dangerous enough to make Regina freak out, it must be terrible.

Rumple walked into the room even more and set the object down.

"This is Pandora's box. And I can guarente you, this is what will help you get your daughter back." Rumple said and crossed his arms. Jack narrowed his eyes at him in suspicion. Killian was also glaring at the crocodile.

"Why would you want to help Evelina?" Hook snapped.

"Because, Pan has something I want. I know he does. If he's distracted by looking for Evelina, I can easily retrieve it back." Rumple said and Emma narrowed her eyes.

"What exactly did he take from you?" Emma asked and the Dark One looked annoyed at all their questions.

"Nothing that concerns you dearie."

"If it's nothing then you can tell us." David says calmly but Rumple just gives an unamused chuckle.

"In a perfect world, that's how it would work. But this is Storybook dearie... Nothing's perfect here." Rumple hissed and everyone styaed silent. Rumple then cleared his throat and gave a tight smile.

"Ready to hear my plans?"

*unedited*