Chapter 5

City Hall

Evelina sat quietly in her seat as Regina Mills finally arrived. She watched as Regina immediately went over to check on Henry, even asking the Charming's how his morning was and what he ate. Evelina noticed new things about Regina.

The queen was trying desperately to be good for Henry. Regina loved Henry very much and Evelina admired that. She was trying to change for her loved ones.

But even though she was trying to change her dark ways, she still carried herself with much confidence and pride. She still used her dark tactics, but she now used them for good. Her twisted mind helped the Charming's save Henry in Neverland.

"Wait a minute, if you rescued Henry from Pan, why hasn't he come to take him away again? What has changed?" Evelina suddenly asked.

"He doesn't need Henry anymore. Pan wanted his heart to save himself, to become immortal. Storybooke is frozen in time again because of the curse he caused," Regina said. The town clock Evie thought was broken when she first arrived finally made sense.

They were all stuck in time once again. They wouldn't age until the curse was broken. Evelina scowled. She didn't want to be stuck as a 17-year-old for another 25 years. Snow wouldn't let her have any type of alcoholic drinks until she reached 21. At this rate and with all the amount of curses happening, Evelina would never reach 21.

"So if Pan activated the curse this time, does it mean Emma will save us again? I mean, after all, you are the Savior..." Evelina said and Emma shrugged.

"The spell Regina used was designed specifically for Regina's purposes. Pan made alternations to the new curse, making it however he desired. We have no idea how to break this new curse or if there even is a way to break it," Rumpelstiltskin said as he took a seat. Belle, his girlfriend, stood next to him and she looked just as stressed out as everyone else in the room.

"So we have no way of knowing how to defeat him?" Evelina concluded and Rumple suddenly shifted in his chair. He knew it was time to speak of what had happened in the day.

"Pan came into the shop today. He needed to speak with me," the Dark One spoke calmly. Everyone's attention was on him now, and at the mention of the devil himself, everyone turned tense in the room. The temperature even dropped a couple degrees and Emma turned to Evelina.

"Evie, your powers..."

"Sorry," she mumbled and brought the temperature back to normal after ridding her mind from dark thoughts.

"What did he want?" David asked and Mr. Gold glanced at Evelina before continuing.

"He knows the girl is in town. He wants to meet her personally."

The room temperature dropped drastically again and this time, it seemed as if it wouldn't be back to normal for a while.

"What could he possibly want with Evelina?" Snow asked and David had his head buried in his hands.

"He wants something from her," Neal spoke up.

"He wouldn't have asked for her personally if he didn't want something from her," he finished. Evelina began to have a panic attack. She had trouble breathing and felt like she was going to faint at any moment.

"Dear Merlin, help, I'm going to die," she panicked and Emma shook her head.

"She can't go," Emma said and Rumple held up a hand.

"Let her. See if she finds anything about this new curse. She can find a weakness in his plans. Everything and everyone has to have a weakness," Rumple said and everyone seemed to take it into consideration.